Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Veteran Forum (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Which feedneck? Ironmen timmy! (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=411)

QAZ123 01-03-2006 05:49 AM

Which feedneck? Ironmen timmy!

Well I just spent a ton of cash on a critical frame and other stuff for my Ironmen timmy and I only need a few more thing's. I'm wondering about the feedneck though. I'm not sure which to get as I still have an eggy and I'm going to use it till it is dead (which might be soon actually:confused: ). I'm thinking a CCM norise as that is what I had on my shocker and I liked it. I just haven't messed with semi's in a while that I didn't know what was out there anymore!

I am leaning toward Mr. Chipley as I would feel better having a product on my timmy from a guy that makes one of the best pump's on the market!

Whatcha'all think?

JB.

leed 01-03-2006 07:07 AM

Re: Which feedneck? Ironmen timmy!

I'd say the CCM one, my cousin also has one on his shocker, and it's very nice, but another one you may want to look into is one with an arm clamp feed, instead of just the allen screw. I know the CCM's will fit the Halo without any shaving (and an egg will fit too, I tried), but I think the Trinity T-Lock clamping feednecks here It may be easier to get in and out without an allen wrench.

QAZ123 01-03-2006 08:06 AM

Yeah I think CCM is the way to go!

JB.

FredPo 01-03-2006 08:09 AM

I wouldn't get any other feedneck then the ccm sto no pro. You will have to trim down your halo but it's worth it. Definitely go with ccm.

Fred

Drefish99 01-03-2006 09:07 AM

Make sure your neck is threaded and not pressed. If it is threaded I would go with the No Pro. Then invest in a Halo.

QAZ123 01-03-2006 09:11 AM

Hmmm.. dunno if it's threaded or pressed! It's an Ironmen I'll have to check it out tomorrow night!

JB.

durrell 01-03-2006 09:29 AM

I'm not sure if Timmies have the option like Cocker, but FBM will remove the stock press-in and put in their Hooker clamping press in neck. I'm not sure about the availability of that with Timmies though.

Drefish99 01-03-2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durrell
I'm not sure if Timmies have the option like Cocker, but FBM will remove the stock press-in and put in their Hooker clamping press in neck. I'm not sure about the availability of that with Timmies though.

Yeah they will do it but be careful. I have a good internet buddy that FBM jacked up his threading and I believe threaded it crooked. Take a few pics of the underside of the feedneck and we can see and help you out.

QAZ123 01-03-2006 07:09 PM

It's pressed but inside the press is cocker/sto threading! Sweet!

JB.

geeZus 01-03-2006 08:23 PM

FBM blows. They sent me a Hooker feedneck and it wasn't nearly the right size and they wouldn't do a thing about it. They tried to blame it all on Bob Long.