Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Veteran Forum (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I got someone to surrender today! (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=4108)

vikingshadow 06-17-2006 01:56 PM

I got someone to surrender today!

LOL - it's not the first time I've done it, but it's the first time with a pump, and without paint! Hahahahahaha!!!!!

I decided that I wanted to play today, so I go out to the field and there are about a dozen people out there. Of course, my shocker is down and out right now, so I pull out the Phantom. Right away, I hear about 4-5 of them snickering and talking about how they're going to need to back me up, blah blah blah....The 2-3 people that I've played before quickly told them that I didn't need back up and that they better hope I get on their team, but I just sort of shrugged it all off and went inside.

The first game, everyone wanted to play speedball. On the way to the field, these guys are talking about how they want an extra guy because I have a pump - sure it's cool looking, but I can't "machine gun," hey it's the term they used! LOL! I told them not to worry about it, I can take care of myself. The ref (a former teammate of mine) just laughs at the other guys and divides us up. We get to the field and the first thing that happens is they want me to run to the 50 because I'm not wearing a pack with "bullets." I tell them I should probably stay back, because the guys I know that are playing are pretty decent and will most likely focus on me...

Ok - this is trouble for me. Still not totally used to playing with the Phantom, and to make it worse, I have the dinkiest, tiniest paint known to mankind and even my smallest detent ring won't hold it in. Even worse than that, I left my harness at home with half my pods, so I'm poop outta luck outside the tubes I can carry in my pockets - about 7 total (it's all I had with me!) So, I make it to my first bunker after I managed to shoot a guy (one ball! Yay!) and while I'm standing behind it, I pump my gun and the ball prompty falls out. Great! So I have to arrange myself so I won't get shot, then re- pump it to load a ball. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to me, I had one in the breach already- I snap out and fwump...the balls go about 20 feet and drop. Dang! I run to another bunker, because I start taking some heat. Meanwhile, all these other jokers are dropping off like flies - it's down to me and one other guy. I managed to snap another guy, and the dude left on my team hit two more, and then we ended up winning, because the other team ran out of paint and called themselves out. WTH????

I went through all seven of my tubes (70 balls plus the original 15 in my gun,) and only managed to shoot may 40 times due to paint falling out and shooting with two balls in the barrel. Oh, and my cap on my feed tube came off with one of my tubes, but I didn't know it, so when I spun around, the whole tube emptied out. Yeah, that kind of day!

So, then they want to play in the woods. I say, ok let's go! This is the fun part. This 12 year old kid tells me to stay with him because he'll "protect me because I just have a pump." I probably shouldn't have done this, but I laughed and told him maybe I should protect him! He laughed, but it was one of those laughs that was just polite - he stuck to me like glue, of course always BEHIND me...

So it comes down to me, this kid and one guy from their team. I've managed to lose the kid, and I found the opponent and was stalking him for about 5-10 minutes, never really having a clear shot. I managed to poke a few at him, but he never really saw where I was. Unfortunately, I've had the same problems with paint rolling out my barrel and double shooting, etc. so I was getting low on paint. Well, this kid suddenly pops and and shoots at me 3-4 times and manages to hit me once, but it didn't break. I got pretty upset at him and zinged one near his head - I yelled at him, "Don't shoot me, we're on the same team you idiot!"

Anyways, I sent this kid around to where I know the guy is going to shoot at him, and I send my last three shots at him. Then, while he's shooting the kid, I run up to about 15 feet from him yelling, "SURRENDER! SURRENDER! SURRENDER! SURRENDER, OR I'M GOING TO SHOOT!" He sort of panicked, threw up his gun and yelled, "I surrender!"

I was laughing my butt off, because I was totally out of paint! He looked at me and said, "You're joking!" I showed him, and he said he'd never fall for that again...Come to find out, I had actually hit him earlier in the game, right on the hopper, but he thought we were playing body shots only. (He's a bit of a noob about some things...)

The rest of the games were pretty dull, but I never got shot after the kid on my own team shot me! Pump play is sort of stressful, but pretty fun. I used my 3.5 tank all day today - I'm really starting to like it a lot more than the 12 grams....

tldr: I played today, shot a few people, made one surrender when I was out of paint.

Hossy 06-17-2006 02:12 PM

Re: I got someone to surrender today!

nice move on the surrender job!

also, with the phantom, is the gun just not good, or that u werent used to playing with a pump? well i mean i know there good, but not good with the bad paint?

vikingshadow 06-17-2006 02:32 PM

No, it's not that. It's just that the paint was WAY to small for the Phantom Barrel. I even have to use my smallest freak barrel with it on my Shocker and Angel, and even then, it falls out.

I could be I'm just not used to it, it does take some time. But I think if the paint had fit better, I'd have had an easier time of it.

Hossy 06-17-2006 02:52 PM

ok thanks!

im getting one now!

bomberpilot07 06-17-2006 03:07 PM

ah gotta love pump play.. reminds me of when i loaded 3 on accident chopped it when i brought the pump arm forward :p. swabbed out the whole gun and put the bolt back in just in time to bunker some guy running into the 50 door to greet me hehehehe

phatphil 06-17-2006 05:06 PM

Tell me about small paint, I have some stuff that rolls through my .683 :(. How do you shoulder the 3.5oz, with a stock or what?

timmyshoota 06-17-2006 05:09 PM

The 3.5oz screws in where the 12g changer is normally, so he'd shoulder it the same way he would with the 12g's. Stock is pretty much the only way I see to go with them. I had an adjustable t-stock on my Phantom and it was very comfy, too bad I didn't like anything about my Phantom.

DRAGON 06-17-2006 05:40 PM

I never surrender anyone no matter who they are and how close they are. I tried it a few times a looooong time ago and got whacked in the face(bare skin) the first time and the second time was in an inside place. I said surrender and the guy turns around and shot at me from across a machine in the old factory we were playing in. I started $#@*&^%$ and shooting at him at the same time(this was the pump days) and he turned around and started running :D away from me till I blasted him a few times in the back. Never spoke the word surrender since. I don't expect people to give me that option either. I will turn around and shoot if the opponent doesn't -

Oh ya, here's a good one. We're playing that inside place and my friends cousin somehow gets on the other team. We're in the middle of the game and his cuz is laying on the floor behind a steel girder. While his attention is the other way I snuck up on him as he's out of paint grabbing for his paint tubes. I sticks my marker right up to his head and yells SURRENDER! He just continues to fiddle with the tubes trying to stick them in his hopper. I said once more, YOU BETTER SURRENDER MOFO!(not in those exact terms) The ass still fiddles so I point blank pumped 4 rounds into him. He called himself out and hopefully learned his lesson about a friends surrender. I have no idea what he was thinking at the time -

BTW, nice surrender job Vik. Don't expect it to turn out that way every time though lol -

vikingshadow 06-17-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatphil
Tell me about small paint, I have some stuff that rolls through my .683 :(. How do you shoulder the 3.5oz, with a stock or what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyshoota
The 3.5oz screws in where the 12g changer is normally, so he'd shoulder it the same way he would with the 12g's. Stock is pretty much the only way I see to go with them. I had an adjustable t-stock on my Phantom and it was very comfy, too bad I didn't like anything about my Phantom.

I checked with my freak kit - the paint still rolls through my .679 (silver) insert - I don't have anything smaller than that! The field owner told me he'd buy it back, but the only other stuff he has is Heat, which is just as small (I checked!) Yup - I have an adjustable t-stock as well. Not too comfy though. I think I shove it too hard into my shoulder....the 3.5 screws in right in front of the grip frame where the 12 g changer is, like he said.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGON
I never surrender anyone no matter who they are and how close they are. I tried it a few times a looooong time ago and got whacked in the face(bare skin) the first time and the second time was in an inside place. I said surrender and the guy turns around and shot at me from across a machine in the old factory we were playing in. I started $#@*&^%$ and shooting at him at the same time(this was the pump days) and he turned around and started running :D away from me till I blasted him a few times in the back. Never spoke the word surrender since. I don't expect people to give me that option either. I will turn around and shoot if the opponent doesn't -

Oh ya, here's a good one. We're playing that inside place and my friends cousin somehow gets on the other team. We're in the middle of the game and his cuz is laying on the floor behind a steel girder. While his attention is the other way I snuck up on him as he's out of paint grabbing for his paint tubes. I sticks my marker right up to his head and yells SURRENDER! He just continues to fiddle with the tubes trying to stick them in his hopper. I said once more, YOU BETTER SURRENDER MOFO!(not in those exact terms) The ass still fiddles so I point blank pumped 4 rounds into him. He called himself out and hopefully learned his lesson about a friends surrender. I have no idea what he was thinking at the time -

BTW, nice surrender job Vik. Don't expect it to turn out that way every time though lol -

I didn't expect it to happen today, to tell the truth! I was waiting for him to turn and shoot, because that's what I would do. I hoped that my yelling at him would throw him off a little to where he just THOUGHT he had to surrender - fortunately for me, he's never played a tournament or seriously before so he just quit. Whew!

Now, I'm not sure I could put 4 in someones skull that close up - but I sure would have put them somewhere painful, LOL!

DRAGON 06-17-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikingshadow

Now, I'm not sure I could put 4 in someones skull that close up - but I sure would have put them somewhere painful, LOL!

If you're refering to the last experience I mentioned, I didn't pump 4 into his noggin. I put my barrel there initially to let the barrel do the talking but me tinks he didn't get the message. If I'm that close, I normally aim for the posterior. If not then about anywhere will do -

In the day, when a paint check was called all action stopped until the ref decided whether it was a hit or not. Once during a paint check this chick came up behind me(at the same inside place) and at point blank range, shot me 4 times in the kidneys. I was out for the rest of the day after that one and I did alot of cussing before I left lol -