Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Completely Custom Spyder vs. Highly Upped Ion (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=381)

maximus100389 01-02-2006 02:17 PM

Completely Custom Spyder vs. Highly Upped Ion

Ok. I've been thinking that it would be pretty cool to build a Spyder, from scratch, and get the best parts into it. I would get every part from here, so it would be like a KUSA Forum Spyder.

Or, I can buy a T-board for my Ion and continue to upgrade the ion with a new bolt, ect. Although, most of the upgrades I've seen for the Ion are cosmetic and I already like it how it is.

So...sell the ion and pimp out a spyder from kusa? Or continue to upgrade my ion. I want all of your opinions.

claustrophobia9 01-02-2006 02:25 PM

Re: Completely Custom Spyder vs. Highly Upped Ion

dont build a spyder unless you have the parts custom fabricated.

Ares 01-02-2006 02:35 PM

ion will be better then any spyder unless u have a t1 kit, but then its not a spyder anymore

vikingshadow 01-02-2006 03:12 PM

I was going to say - they aren't the same operation, so it's not a good comparison. The blowback will always have blowback issues, burping, jackhammering, blown orings, blowback, etc. The Ion won't have that issue.

It would be cool to build a spyder from scratch, IF you had actual custom made parts, and not the standard bolt on stuff. Even so, I say, up the Ion...

FredPo 01-02-2006 03:18 PM

umm Ion. The end.

Fred

bigred76 01-02-2006 03:27 PM

:yeahthat: It'll end up costing you more with the Spyder in the end, too.

durrell 01-02-2006 03:49 PM

Ion FTW.

tigerdave714 01-02-2006 04:21 PM

I would say customize a spyder rather than upgrade an Ion, for several reasons. (reasons listed below)

1. Everyone and their grandma has an Ion. Go against the flow!
2. If you beat someone with an Ion they can say "well at least it was an electro pneum." It will be more humiliating shooting someone out with a spyder cause they have a rep for being "beginner" markers.
3. Ions are notorious for giving people trouble. They said it was just the first batch, but I know players even now who have bought new ones and had so many problems with them. Any issue you'll encounter with a spyder is an easy fix.
4. Ions come with a plastic body. To get an aluminum body you'll have to pay a good 100+. Spyders come stock with an aluminum body. Not that it matters at all concerning performance, but I prefer to play with something I can drop without worrying about cracking it.

there are more reasons but Im tired of typing.

maximus100389 01-02-2006 04:26 PM

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. I like all of the feedback. However, in the end it is my decision :). I'm sticking with the Ion for a while, but I am not putting any more money into it except for maybe a QEV. Thanks to Dave for having the balls to give me good reasons to customize a spyder :P

TacTownKilla 01-15-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durrell
Ion from me FTW.

fixed