Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Veteran Forum (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thinking about ditchin the egg... (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=349)

ttink 01-01-2006 03:10 PM

Thinking about ditchin the egg...

Hey guys. I am using an automag with a classic valve as my main gun. Im going to get it milled and set up for a pump kit as well, so it will serve as my pump and my semi. Now, my decision is this: Im using an egg right now for my hopper. Its kinda big, and i dont really need the speed. I have been thinking about downgrading too something like a TSA frontman or sometihng thats not as big. Just looking for a second opinion. So what would you guys do. Note: for pump, i will be using some kind of stick feed or 45 round hopper.

Ares 01-01-2006 03:31 PM

Re: Thinking about ditchin the egg...

id take a revvy or reloader over the tsa

phatphil 01-01-2006 03:48 PM

TSA = no :down:
12vt Revy or Original Reloader = :up:, that's what I use pumping usually is a reloader.

ttink 01-01-2006 03:54 PM

Ares, is that what you use on your mags?

And phil, i have a small 45 round hopper i use for pump play.

phatphil 01-01-2006 04:10 PM

I tried those (the tiny black brass eagle one) but they always seemed to jam, I use the Reloader on my Ion for semi usually also.

Ares 01-01-2006 04:23 PM

yeppers, i use an old reloader on my mags. they look better then the TSAs and are reliable workhorse hoppers that get the job done. i love the way it sits on top of the gun, the profile is really small even with the stock feedneck

ttink 01-01-2006 05:30 PM

ok, did that require any sanding to get into the stock ULE neck?

And phil, i do get alot of jams with my brass eagle one. I remember finding a site about making an electric 50 rd. hopper using and Indian Springs 50 rd. hopper and the bottom half of a revy, so i am thinking about possibly trading the egg and maybe some cash for 2 revvys or a reloader and a revvy and doing this mod.

Ares 01-01-2006 06:18 PM

no sanding required, actually i used 1 layer of electrical tape to keep it nice and snug in the feedneck

QAZ123 01-01-2006 06:44 PM

I would just use a revvy or reloader ttink. In pump mode I would still go for a 45 round hopper but it just depend's on you really. I can't remember what everybody uses but I hat my clear brass eagle 45 rounder it doesn't feed for nothign but there are a couple good ones out there.

JB.

ttink 01-01-2006 06:48 PM

well i might not even need the 45 rounder if i can find a AM stick feed since the ULE bodies are angel threaded. Do you know where to find them at?