Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Veteran Forum (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   goggles help (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=238)

paintbllkang 12-29-2005 09:27 PM

goggles help

ive just finished playin pb and my goggles had a lot of spray on them throughout the game...i sprayed them with water but they still have a white film...how should i clean the lens?...also in between games what should i do to keep the goggles clean?

maximus100389 12-29-2005 09:37 PM

Re: goggles help

ONLY use a damp cotten cloth. Never submerge them or anything like that. NO WINDEX, only water! And only with a cloth. Try using another cloth, a clean one. It might take a couple of them. Hope this helps you! Let me know if you have any more troubles.

bamf-hacker 12-30-2005 05:46 AM

I got a box of rags from the home improvement store. Not any rags, but t-shirt rags. They are soft cotton and no lint. I grab a few of them and stick em in my bag when I go to play. Work great and wont scratch the lense. Then when I get home I use them to clean the lenses to.

HacKeR

vikingshadow 12-30-2005 06:42 AM

First of all, what kind of lense do you have, and for what mask?

One thing you NEVER want to do is use a chemical cleaner, like windex or something of that sort. It eats away at the molecular construction of the lense and makes them weaker than normal. It also eats the lense away, over time, and you'll see a crystal-like development on the lense.

What I do, when I'm cleaning my gear after a day of playing, especially on thermal lenses (not the dual lense kind - you don't wanna do this with those!) is rinse the lense off in COOL water, never warm or hot. Messes up the thermal coating. If I have to, but not too hard, is sort of rub the outside part with my fingers on any area that doesn't want to come clean. Not too much! You don't want to scratch them up.

On the inside of the lense, I ONLY RINSE - never touch or rub - with cold water. When I'm done rinsing them off, I sort of swish them through the air, flicking off the excess water then let them sit until they're dry. I have a microfiber cloth to get off any spots it might have afterwards. Or, sometimes I use the bag my mask came with.

The mask itself I either rinse off with the spray hose in the sink, or throw it in the dishwasher (on air dry, not heat!) Works perfect everytime!

bamf-hacker 12-30-2005 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikingshadow
The mask itself I either rinse off with the spray hose in the sink, or throw it in the dishwasher (on air dry, not heat!) Works perfect everytime!

What a great Idea!!!

Trying it next time

HacKeR

vikingshadow 12-30-2005 06:56 AM

LOL - I throw all my gear in the dishwasher...gloves, barrels, barrel condoms, pads, pods, pack, swabs...just make sure to turn the heat off! They'll come out really wet because there's no spin cycle (duh!) and I try to remove my mask and pads immediately and put somewhere where there's a lot of air flow so they can air dry. With the mask, the heat of the water (the dishwasher makes it's own heat, remember?) so if you don't remove it immediately, there's a chance it might reform itself. Also, some foam doesn't like the dishwasher for some reason. I haven't had a problem with my profiler or Shield, but be forewarned, just in case!

Here's an article about washing gear in a dishwasher and where I first heard about it.

colonel_moo 12-30-2005 08:19 AM

hahaha, that dishwasher thing is priceless. i think ill just stick to my old cleaning methods. i dont want to take any chances.

Recon by Fire 12-30-2005 05:52 PM

I just hand wash the entire mask in the kitchen sink filled with warm soapy water. Use non-abrasive cloth and dish soaps.

Most gear can be washed either in washing machine or dish washer. You can even clean your marker in the dishwasher if you care to disassemble it enough. Use the high heat setting though, especially with firearms :)