Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Paintball Topics (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   After a 9 year hiatus I'm back in the game. (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=21797)

Capt. Insaino 04-26-2011 01:56 PM

After a 9 year hiatus I'm back in the game.

Hello, yes I am new.

I haven't played this game in 9 years, and I still have my Spyder Compact from 1998 and it still shoots very good. It is the only gun I have ever owned.

MAN how things have changed!!
I have been doing a lot of reading trying to get caught up on whats new and what things like "HPA" means. The new barrels, paint, and the science that has evolved since I stopped playing is amazing!

You will usually find me on boards such as LS1tech and various other car sites. That is what has taken me away from paintball, but I want to get back in it as a recreational player.

marvin-martian 04-26-2011 02:13 PM

Re: After a 9 year hiatus I'm back in the game.

Oh man, welcome back! I still have a Compact in a drawer actually haha. Great little marker.

Despite this site being a little slow, many of us here call it home. Many have left the sport, but still hang around (myself included), and others are still kicking. Most everyone here knows their stuff and is at the very least moderately friendly.

Yes, much has changed but the fundamentals seem to still all be there.

Capt. Insaino 04-26-2011 03:16 PM

Why would you say many has left the sport? Is it dying?

fatkidfrompbaz 04-26-2011 04:07 PM

Welcome back to the game!!!

I think what marv meant was that some of the members here don't play anymore. As for the sport dying, in my opinion (unless in AZ), it is not dyng but the sport has changed over the years.

bamf-hacker 04-26-2011 05:03 PM

Welcome back. We haven't all stopped playing :) Some of play a few times a year :dodgy:

Anyone going to Sherwood this weekend?

vikingshadow 04-26-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin-martian (Post 257802)
is at the very least moderately friendly.

Wait? When did this happen? No, no, no, no, NO! Why wasn't I informed of this? What a load of crap!

Look, if the rules are going to change, I have to be told these things...how else will I know to stock the pill cabinet? Sheesh! It's a serious job here and I need to know. Where are the thong boys at? I need to take this out on someone...

:p Welcome and make yourself at home (but not in my chair). I'm old and it's got my hemorrhoid cushion on it - and NO ONE touches the cushion...it's pretty gross...

I haven't played in three years, and things have changed A LOT since just then. I need to start back up again. Anyone find any 100 dollar bills laying around? I had 3 or 4 of them in here the other day...

leed 04-26-2011 11:00 PM

Ah yes.. The cushion.

I haven't played in almost 3 years now, but I put a lot more money into it than it seems you may have, haha. I do, however, still have my TL+/Shutter/Bolt Action laying around somewhere.. As well as my Protege. It's too bad. Oh well, go hit the fields!

DFSniper 04-27-2011 06:51 AM

i played opening day last year, that was it. with work, school, and now living on my own, i cant afford to go out and do fun things :( i was hoping to get out at least once this year, but theyre tearing down the field and moving it to a new location.

Capt. Insaino 04-27-2011 09:18 AM

I guess I am old as well. I realized I stopped playing when I was 28. I'm now 39. So I guess it was a 11 year hiatus. lol

I admit I am excited to get back out in the fields!

marvin-martian 04-27-2011 10:10 AM

Was speedball a thing when you left?