Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   tank relocation MR4 (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=21706)

Bluerinse 02-23-2011 05:21 PM

tank relocation MR4
I am wanting to move the tank on my MR4 to in front of the fuax magizine because i like my pb guns to be front heavy rather then rear heavy which is the weight distribution caused by having the tank in the back. I have access to a metal shop so i was planning on making tank supports that i can put over the barrel and attach strip of metal to the top of and attach that to the gun, and a drop forward (think thats what its called its the thing that moves the tank down and forward when its under the handle) so i can fit a 20oz or 68ci 3000psi tank in under the barrel or a 12 oz co2 with other suports. The only thing i need help with is what type of connections I need(standard/metric) and what size I need

DRAGON 02-23-2011 08:54 PM

Re: tank relocation MR4
1 Attachment(s)
Since you have access to a machine shop and if you have the skills, why not just make a VA that instead of having an LPC under the barrel, a threaded ASA so you can just screw the bottle directly into it? Basically horizontally as opposed to the regular vert orientation. Either Tippmann or PMI had a marker in the late 80's or early 90's that was set up exactly in this manner. I looked but couldn't find any pics of it -

I made a very rough drawing of what I just mentioned http://www.spyder.tv/forums/attachme...1&d=1298527147

Bluerinse 02-24-2011 07:15 PM

Re: tank relocation MR4
Whats a VA or what does it consist of, sry im not good with abreviations, I i was messing around with my MR4 last night and i figured out that i can just use the standard co2 input(dont know what its called) screwed in to the frame where the mag attaches normaly from the looks of it the VA would be better looking tho and i think it was pmi that made that gun, my uncle was one of them I use it when ever i can.:D

shunut 02-24-2011 09:09 PM

Re: tank relocation MR4
VA = Vertical Adapter

On Dragon's drawing it would be the part that the tank connects to.

Pretty cool idea, nice drawing Dragon, very cool :nododgy:

DRAGON 02-25-2011 11:27 AM

Re: tank relocation MR4

Originally Posted by shunut (Post 256698)
...... :nododgy:

For future reference:

Bluerinse 02-25-2011 07:22 PM

Re: tank relocation MR4
how would i make the VA or where can i get it. Also, woud i be able to remove it and make it back to normal setup if you look at my post in post your MR4 you will see why.

Motoxj51 02-27-2011 11:13 AM

Re: tank relocation MR4
That would be pretty killer looking on an mr4

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:33 PM.