Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   show your MR4 (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=21234)

sniper boss 05-30-2010 05:53 PM

show your MR4

thought i should make the first post. post pics of your MR4

dca714 07-05-2010 06:14 PM

Re: show your MR4

slim and shady 07-05-2010 06:25 PM

your link/pic's are not working.

FlipMz3drvr 08-28-2010 01:19 AM

wiz555 08-30-2010 05:42 PM

these are cell phone pics, i will get better pics when i find my camera, i think my bro is "barrowing" it atm.

My MR4
RAP4 carbine stock
Lapco 14'' bigshot assualt barrel
6 position folding handgrip
Dye rotor hopper
spyder e-trigger
--future upgrades--
looking for a better bolt "doughtfull"
new carrying handle
something to replace that wimpy little magazine on it
paintjob.....eventually

Im also planning on making a custom detent cover that will strech back over the bolt pull, so that i can make a foward cocker for the bolt, similar to what is on styer augs

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FlipMz3drvr 08-31-2010 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiz555 (Post 252977)
new carrying handle

don't ya just love the carrying handle? I never seem to be fully able to get my fingers in between the handle and the gun and I really don't have big fingers either.

wiz555 08-31-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlipMz3drvr (Post 252983)
don't ya just love the carrying handle? I never seem to be fully able to get my fingers in between the handle and the gun and I really don't have big fingers either.

Its not just that is small, its really wimpy. Plus there is no use for iron sights on a paintball gun IMO, and the mad the iron sights on the thing look really lame. The overall construction of the marker is ok, but stuff on it is so out of perportion. But thats why the added all those rails i guess.

Also on a side note what kind of drop forward would i use for this marker? Atm i can only find the non standerized ones with the off set screw holes.

EDIT: im trying something crazy for a new carry handle, i shoud get it in the mail here pretty soon. I was doing some research into mods for other guns, and found out that the g36 tip X7 handle from RAP4 is mounted using only picitanny rails, is the propper length and is a little less the 2" tall so it "should fit" and it has a indented spot where the cyclone feed on a tipp is, so if placed propperly it wont interfear with the rotor hopper i have. If it fits ill post some pics of how it looks.

FlipMz3drvr 09-02-2010 12:17 AM

I've thought about getting the G36 handle... but to me it's a tad too long for my taste. The only other handles I can find are M4 style... and most of them go from having a weaver rail which is 7/8 to weaver 3/8...

as far as the drop forward... you'd probably have to ask some of the other guys with the rest of the MR series.

lastly... anyone shop from ANSGear.com? They discontinued carrying the MR4 and states that they are no longer being made along with the Stormer .50 cal... other sites still carry and sell them... I wonder what gives.

wiz555 09-02-2010 06:15 AM

The weaver rails are universal, ive never herd of the different sized weavers. The MR4 has picitanny rails on it thou which should be able to mount any wever rail device. If it had weaver rails THEN you would have to pay attention to what you bought cuz a picitanny device can not mount to weaver rail.

I dont like m16 handles, i seen them way to often with being a service member, but the only make so many options and i dont machine stuff so my options are very limited.

And ANSgear i think they just stopped selling them because no-one was buying them. I has to special order my mr4 at my local shop. They are still very new, ant the mr1,2,3 are "proven" to work. And after looking for an MR2 for a while, at fields and shops thier considered a rare treasure especially if they have eyes. Kingman is just not as popular as when i first started with my imagine 5-6 years ago. I've let people shoot my spyders before and they are always surprised at how well the can perform. Its just not a common fact, people prefer tipps, cockers, whatever is the flavor of the month. Hell at my current field i see more angles then anything.(besides rentals, always tons of those). Spyders have been cursed, being labled as low-end. when thier just as good as many other markers out there.

FlipMz3drvr 09-02-2010 03:58 PM

hmmm.. I always wondered why sellers on eBay usually listed items with picitanny/weaver rails... so I assumed that they had either names... so yeah I have a RAP4 offset that has a 1 inch offset that I was going to mount to the handle but found out when I received it, it had the smaller weaver mount 3/8 so I couldn't mount it. It's like what the Tippmann A5 has, I think...