Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Veteran Forum (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Azodin KP pump? (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=21094)

paintballkid0206 04-25-2010 06:41 PM

Azodin KP pump?
 
I was researching a company my friend told me about today, Azodin (i'm sure most of you have heard of it. i havent cuz i've been out of the sport for so long). I saw, on their site, the KP. I've been looking for a pump for awhile, but have never had the money to pursue it. I researched the price and found it to be about $150 at different sites. I am now researching reviews on PBR. I like that its a spyder clone, because spyder is a brand i'm so familiar with.. I'm loving the price tag and i've read a few good reviews. I was wondering what you guys think? Worth it?

Hob Hayward 04-25-2010 07:37 PM

Re: Azodin KP pump?
 
Based on the PBR reviews it seems solid, and its cheap. What the heck is the KP+ though? Electro-pump???

Muddytaco 04-25-2010 07:48 PM

Re: Azodin KP pump?
 
IMO there complete crap. They had a few out at the last pump day and I tried one out and was far from impressed. The valve kept "farting" on every shot, which is highly annoying in itself. It wasn't consistent, which is a huge deal when your shooting 1 ball at a time. Two finger trigger on a pump=fail. Overall the gun just felt like crap.

I would much rather pick up a used pump cocker off pbn for around the same amount or if you want new, save about 100 more and get the SM1:
http://paintballgateway.com/sm1samahabls.html

I would serious consider a used cocker, I just went through the 2 pages on b/s/t pump on pbn and there was atleast 10 cockers for 150-160.



EDIT:

NEVER look at PBR for actual info, those are a bunch of noobs posting that something is amazing 10 sec after they open the box. ever notice that almost every review is 10/10, "most amazing thing i ever used"

Hob Hayward 04-25-2010 07:57 PM

Re: Azodin KP pump?
 
Hmm.. well then.. phantom!?

DRAGON 04-25-2010 08:29 PM

Re: Azodin KP pump?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hob Hayward (Post 250169)
Hmm.. well then.. phantom!?

You can remove that question mark. Undoubtedly the best pump on the market. You can prolly find a brand new base model on the net for around $180. It is the original modular pump marker with tons of possible configurations and tons of anodizing choices as well. Light, efficient, accurate with stellar customer service -

Just got a 13/3K for my babies. I'm eager to see the difference from using a/s Co2 -

paintballkid0206 04-25-2010 08:42 PM

Re: Azodin KP pump?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hob Hayward (Post 250167)
Based on the PBR reviews it seems solid, and its cheap. What the heck is the KP+ though? Electro-pump???

KP+ is the electro version. completely pointless, if you ask me and many other people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muddytaco (Post 250168)
IMO there complete crap. They had a few out at the last pump day and I tried one out and was far from impressed. The valve kept "farting" on every shot, which is highly annoying in itself. It wasn't consistent, which is a huge deal when your shooting 1 ball at a time. Two finger trigger on a pump=fail. Overall the gun just felt like crap.

I would much rather pick up a used pump cocker off pbn for around the same amount or if you want new, save about 100 more and get the SM1:
http://paintballgateway.com/sm1samahabls.html


I would serious consider a used cocker, I just went through the 2 pages on b/s/t pump on pbn and there was atleast 10 cockers for 150-160.



EDIT:

NEVER look at PBR for actual info, those are a bunch of noobs posting that something is amazing 10 sec after they open the box. ever notice that almost every review is 10/10, "most amazing thing i ever used"

i do prefer new, unless i find a used that's in really good shape and the seller has good reviews. i will look for cockers..
and thanks for the pbr advice, i did notice that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGON (Post 250177)
You can remove that question mark. Undoubtedly the best pump on the market. You can prolly find a brand new base model on the net for around $180. It is the original modular pump marker with tons of possible configurations and tons of anodizing choices as well. Light, efficient, accurate with stellar customer service -

Just got a 13/3K for my babies. I'm eager to see the difference from using a/s Co2 -

i have also looked at phantoms in the past. but they seem so expensive and i would have to make sure to save the extra money to buy a 3.5oz Co2 tank. I'm not the biggest fan of 12 grams. and i didnt know you could find them new for 180. I will definately have to look for that...

thanks everyone.

paintballkid0206 04-26-2010 09:40 AM

Re: Azodin KP pump?
 
Is this what you were talking about with the cheap Phantom? Also, would i be able to thread in a 3.5oz Co2 tank into the back bottle on the first option? Otherwise I would have to save the extra $40.
Same question goes for the vertical bottle.

http://www.bulldogpaintball.com/phantom.html

DFSniper 04-26-2010 11:39 AM

Re: Azodin KP pump?
 
you can get phantoms for cheap now. i sold my VSC/OC setup for $200 (to a friend).

i saw one KP at the field on saturday, and the only problem it had with farting was because theres no return spring on the pump. i saw 2 cockers that were farting worse than the KP.

Hob Hayward 04-26-2010 11:42 AM

Re: Azodin KP pump?
 
Damn those ARE cheap... I paid like 280 for my VSC, and that was at a discount too... guess it was fully loaded

If you get friendly with your local shop, they can probably hook you up with a good price.

Dragon, I heard that CA didn't work as well in the phantom design for some reason or another, which is why I currently use 12g's and have a 3.5 oz. tank. Definitely let us know how it works out though, as I'd be interested to see how they compare.

paintballkid0206 04-26-2010 02:38 PM

Re: Azodin KP pump?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DFSniper (Post 250197)
you can get phantoms for cheap now. i sold my VSC/OC setup for $200 (to a friend).

i saw one KP at the field on saturday, and the only problem it had with farting was because theres no return spring on the pump. i saw 2 cockers that were farting worse than the KP.

Ok, i'm still debating between KP and Phantom, but if i can get a Phantom for the same price as that site, I might get one of those. I heard the KP farting problem can be solved by a heavier spring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hob Hayward (Post 250199)
Damn those ARE cheap... I paid like 280 for my VSC, and that was at a discount too... guess it was fully loaded

If you get friendly with your local shop, they can probably hook you up with a good price.

Dragon, I heard that CA didn't work as well in the phantom design for some reason or another, which is why I currently use 12g's and have a 3.5 oz. tank. Definitely let us know how it works out though, as I'd be interested to see how they compare.

I wish I had a local shop. My friend used to run one and i got all my paint and supplies from there, but he changed from paintball to snowboard/ski/skateboard. I'm not very happy with that.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:04 PM.