Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hard Choice, or is it so hard? (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20365)

Paintball Freak 07-17-2009 12:44 PM

Hard Choice, or is it so hard?

09 PMR

OR

DM6

If you can, right why you picked one over the other = )

bigred76 07-17-2009 04:50 PM

Re: Hard Choice, or is it so hard?

Whichever you prefer. They're basically the same thing, with the PMR not having an LPR. If you don't mind it not having an LPR, get a PMR. If you want an LPR, get a DM6. Problem solved.

codymm1014 07-17-2009 07:10 PM

Dm6 shoots smoother. I would go for it and they are cheaper.

Muddytaco 07-17-2009 09:50 PM

I can't believe this is even a question, DM6 by far.

Paintball Freak 07-18-2009 09:37 AM

Why can't you believe its a question?

If the DM6 is better than the PMR, why is the DM6 cheaper? I just thought that was kind of confusing... But thanks anyway...

bigred76 07-18-2009 11:56 AM

Because they're older. People don't want "old" things so they just sell them cheap.

Muddytaco 07-18-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paintball Freak (Post 243351)
Why can't you believe its a question?

If the DM6 is better than the PMR, why is the DM6 cheaper? I just thought that was kind of confusing... But thanks anyway...

Just because it cheap doesn't mean its bad. Dye releases a gun every year therefore the resale drops like crazy b/c 1000's of new gun flood the used market every year. Aside from little changes in the eye design and minor differences in the bolt design the dm6 is identical to the DM9 internally. Dm9 costs alot more for smaller body, smaller lpr, new design hpr(not like old one is bad anyway), eye pipe instead of inserts and has little bolt changes. Both operate at the same pressure and the old eye inserts were better then the new POS eye pipe.

If you know how to take care and tune a gun the DM6 will be alot smoother and more consistant then the PMR, if you don't and don't want to take the time to learn get the PMR.

My old DM6 with orange bolt is by far the smoothest gun I have ever shot, it shot +/- 1 consistently, had no kick and very rarely chopped....nothing I have owned has even come close to touching it, thats out of almost 90 guns.

Paintball Freak 07-18-2009 04:50 PM

Okay, that makes sense... Thanks man...

I never thought I would ever buy a Dye, I guess I just hated the 10 year old kids who's parents would buy for them...

One more thing though, (I tried looking places before asking and can't find much on it), what exactly is the LPR? You don't have to explain it all, but a link (if anyone knows of one) would be nice...

Thanks!

bigred76 07-19-2009 12:53 AM

The LPR is the Low Pressure Regulator. It takes air from the HPR's supply to the marker and makes it about 70psi or so and sends the air to the solenoid. The solenoid then uses that pressure to push the bolt back and forth. That's about as simple as it gets.

Paintball Freak 08-05-2009 06:46 PM

Awesome, just bought a DM6! Thanks