Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   News & Updates (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Integrated Valve Technology by JT (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20355)

DFSniper 07-15-2009 06:38 AM

Integrated Valve Technology by JT

found this on MCB:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Painthappy
IVT stands for Integrated Valve Technology

Paintball - JT Air Systems

The tank features an internal magnetic float which represents your liquid CO2 fill level on the indicator strip. This allows you to know when you are running low so you don’t ever have to lose another game because you are out of gas and you will always know how much is left in your tank.

The patent pending IVT also eliminates accidental valve seperation, revolutionizing safety and reliability.

There is also a video on Youtube that can be watched here:
YouTube - Integrated Valve Technology - Rich Telford introduces the IVT CO2 Tank from JT

dizzy 07-15-2009 07:55 AM

Re: Integrated Valve Technology by JT

That tank is actually pretty cool. I mean, with the bonnet being able to come off without leaking all the CO2, that's great. Oh, and that fill reader is definitely great 'cause I know a bunch of people who keep getting their tanks filled when they've barely use a bit.

Paintball Freak 07-15-2009 10:48 AM

I like that, seems like it would be helpful, lol

I remember one game, it was a scenario game of take the castle...
Our Youth Group (13-15) people were attacking, and someone else's church group (25-30) people were defending... As we were about to make are big move on the castle, 6 people in our group all ran out of CO2 with in a 5 minute time period! lol

I can see how this tank could've prevented that!

Beornwolf 07-15-2009 02:30 PM

They sell them all over the place too, we just got a whole shipment in at our local K-Mart about a week ago, they're about 30 or so bucks. Not bad, not bad. I might just get one, haha.

TheDarkShadow 07-15-2009 06:25 PM

I saw that about 6 months ago in APG (I think?) kinda cool

battlechaser 07-16-2009 03:32 AM

I wonder how easy they come apart for Hydro..?

STRIKEFIRST 07-16-2009 06:54 AM

Brilliant...I'll have to get one for my c02 gun.

Shifter19 07-16-2009 12:06 PM

How can the valve be removed? One, in case hydrotesting is necessary and if there is a pin valve problem, how could you take it out to fixed/replaced? seems like youd have to replace the entire tank.

And, if my some miraculous happening, someone strips out the threads for the burst disk? you have to purchase a new tank instead of just replacing the pin valve!

HelpDeskHustler 07-16-2009 12:46 PM

costs as much as a compressed air tank :dodgy:

DFSniper 07-16-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifter19 (Post 243295)
How can the valve be removed? One, in case hydrotesting is necessary and if there is a pin valve problem, how could you take it out to fixed/replaced? seems like youd have to replace the entire tank.

And, if my some miraculous happening, someone strips out the threads for the burst disk? you have to purchase a new tank instead of just replacing the pin valve!

im pretty sure there is a second set of threads that holds the valve to the body.

and in pretty sure brass is weaker than tank aluminum, so i doubt the tank threads would strip before the burst disk threads.