Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   News & Updates (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New MD Scenario marker :) (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20209)

timbertiger20 06-11-2009 04:09 PM

New MD Scenario marker :)

New MacDev Marker: Tactical Drone

For years now MacDev have made high end markers for use in tournament paintball. The designers at MacDev have now made a new marker specifically designed for use in scenario paintball.

Construction

The Drone is CNC machined from solid Aluminium billets, without castings or cheap plastic parts, you will receive the same quality expected from MacDev high end tournament markers.

Pneumatic Drive

The Tactical Drone is based on a simplified, valveless version of the popular Droid marker of 2008, however it has enough changes to the drive system to make it a new design in its own right.

The pneumatic drive is fed by the next generation of inline regulator, the new Gladiator RX2. The new inline boasts industry leading flow, recharge, reliability and ease of maintenance.

Electronics

The board inside the Drone is based on the Cyborg RX electronic platform, however programming and feedback is achieved via a chameleon LED housed in the rear of the grip frame. A powerful microprocessor achieves lightning fast firing response and allows the user to access fire modes and select fire options.

Limitless Potential

Add-ons for the Drone will give almost limitless combinations and customisation to your marker, the Drone is the perfect platform for your ideal scenario machine-gun.

timbertiger20 06-11-2009 04:16 PM

Re: New MD Scenario marker :)

They don't mention it but this will be a mid-end marker. It is not the new Droid!

DFSniper 06-11-2009 04:24 PM

oh god. BL, MD, please tell me PE will keep out of the mid/high-end milsim market.

bigred76 06-11-2009 04:28 PM

PE already entered it. They have that Desert thing.

Looks interesting, but I'd have to see an internal diagram before even considering it. I like the new Glad design, though.

XSiv Force 06-11-2009 04:38 PM

every one is getting into the mil-sim thing now.....they definetly realized the market potential

TheDarkShadow 06-11-2009 06:20 PM

looks cool, I wanna see how it shoots

fernando8877 06-11-2009 06:50 PM

any word on price? it looks like its got alot of potentual.

paintballkid0206 06-11-2009 08:24 PM

I like it. Of course, it has to shoot good also. and b a reasonable price before I would even consider buying it.

bigred76 06-11-2009 09:10 PM

I'm going to guess it's probably going to cost around $500-750, given that it is a mid-range marker.

timbertiger20 06-11-2009 11:27 PM

Rough estimate is $550
It will be backwards compatable with the Cyborg OLED and grips as an extra!
Anyone on the Spyder forums can hit me up if your interested. I have a bunch of them coming. In fact we are going to rent them for fun and see what happends. James said this is the most robust design he could think of with only one moving part. There will be more info released soon!