Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Ultimate Gravity Hopper (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20070)

Celtic 05-18-2009 06:35 PM

Ultimate Gravity Hopper

Ok i have an idea of making a gravity hopper (or a hopper that doesn't require battery's) that very rarely jams. So I Challenge everyone on this forum to help in creating this hopper. Post all your ideas and pictures below. I honestly believe that i can be done and the best way to do it is by putting our heads together. :D

DFSniper 05-18-2009 06:49 PM

Re: Ultimate Gravity Hopper

air-assist like the A-5 cyclone feed. uses blowback to popcorn paint in the hopper. people have been doing it for almost 20 years now. next best would be the tacamo hopper.

paintballkid0206 05-18-2009 07:02 PM

+1 DFS. lol

ferret15 05-18-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFSniper (Post 239716)
air-assist like the A-5 cyclone feed. uses blowback to popcorn paint in the hopper. people have been doing it for almost 20 years now. next best would be the tacamo hopper.

umm the a-5 cyclone doesn't use the air for that. the air is used to push a piston that turns a ratchet that turns the paddles. even the the modification for the sleeve that piston moves in have been modified to exhaust the air so that the cyclone can feed faster with out having to deal with the back pressure of the air after the cyclone has done its job.

-1 for DF

2nd this contest is gay when the loader is so cheap to buy in comparison to the money your going to spend paintballing, Just bite the bullet and buy one that works great.

bigred76 05-18-2009 08:01 PM

+2 for DF.

slim and shady 05-18-2009 08:12 PM

+3 Df

Hossy 05-19-2009 06:31 AM

+4 DF is the WINNAR!

oldironmudder 05-19-2009 09:57 AM

+5 DF

-1 Ferret

If he has an idea why flame him for it? Even if it is total trash. The smart thing would be to lead him in the direction refining his idea to something that maybe worth trying.

Celtic 05-19-2009 10:52 AM

So heres my idea of a a anti jamming gravity hopper. First i took what i do know that works well. We know that if you took a barrel filled it with pbs and put it in your feed neck it would load flawlessly. Now why is that? Well we know that there is no way for a ball to get caught on something slowed downed or jammed. So ball after ball would would seamlessly fall into place and be shot without any manipulation, however this would only last a few seconds because we would run out of balls extremely . So here is my interpretation on how you could combine this basic knowledge into a bigger loader.

By implementing 5 or 6 smooth channels for the balls to follow in the extended feedneck . This would allow for minimal jamming while maintaining gravity and weight distribution as the only power sources to this loader. Now i know this isn't a perfect idea but i think with some refinements it could be a a serious contender to the basic gravity loader. So please give me some suggestions and criticize my ideas. :D

slim and shady 05-19-2009 01:24 PM

well ferret seems to have the critisize part down so I will give you a sugestion. mhy not try one single coiled tube?