Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   News & Updates (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The resurrection of an ancient colossus..... (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20050)

DRAGON 05-15-2009 12:55 PM

The resurrection of an ancient colossus.....

I knew it would come back, but just not when. It's a marker that made it through all the SP hate mongers but lived the life of the modern day DM's, Ego's and the like. Maybe even more popular than those in its day. So popular there were at least 25 private label versions put into circulation. What teh hell am I speaking of you say?....

The Impulse of course! Rumor has it that Smart Parts is planning on resurrecting the Imp some time in 2009. The new Imp will be first presented at Millenium Germany and then at Chitown Open. Get your camera's ready boys! It will have some Luxe features, look similar to the Ego and will cost around $1000. Another poppet in competition with the Ego perhaps? After the introduction of the shabby Ion maybe SP can finally regain my respect. I suppose I'll need to start saving my pennies in contemplation of its possible resurgence - :D

DFSniper 05-15-2009 01:02 PM

Re: The resurrection of an ancient colossus.....

nice, but i was kind of hoping for a nerve :(

DRAGON 05-15-2009 01:10 PM

I'm not sure they want to release anthing with the name of a flop. The Nerve was just a case of bad timing since it was released after the newly designed Shocker. Who wanted a Nerve for a larger cost than a newly designed Shocker that weighed and cost less in a spool design? -

DFSniper 05-15-2009 01:18 PM

well, i wouldnt call it a flop in design, just marketing. i know a lot of people that prefer them over shockers.

DRAGON 05-15-2009 01:27 PM

Never said it was a flopped design. It was basically an Imp on steroids. Specifically it was released after the Shocker which was something completely new. We know how people flood to the new stuff. The price over the Shocker was the nail in the coffin lid - ;)

oldironmudder 05-15-2009 01:55 PM

I like the Nerve over the newer shockers.... Still love the looks of a shoebox.

EDIT:

EDIT 2: WOWOWOW 1500 posts!!

DFSniper 05-15-2009 01:56 PM

true :(

STRIKEFIRST 05-15-2009 02:58 PM

Around a grand could get a good piece of the market as well...very interesting

fatkidfrompbaz 05-15-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldironmudder (Post 239470)
I like the Nerve over the newer shockers.... Still love the looks of a shoebox.

EDIT:

EDIT 2: WOWOWOW 1500 posts!!

i'm drooling by just looking at it, i like the anno

TheDarkShadow 05-15-2009 06:01 PM

im interested in what it will look like