Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Air leak (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20042)

Extreme-RecBaller 05-14-2009 03:38 PM

Air leak

Hey, I got an MR1 and it is leaking out of the bolt/striker area, i just replaced the striker, and it is an internal issue so i can't tell where it is coming from exactly? btw my striker o-ring i just put in was slightly used.... What is causing this? Do i need o-rings on my bolt??

paintballkid0206 05-14-2009 07:04 PM

Re: Air leak

the stock bolt should have 2 o-rings, unless they changed the design since i got mine way back when. but, it should have o-rings.

bigred76 05-14-2009 09:13 PM

Take off the barrel and hopper. Put two drops of good, synthetic paintball oil in the ASA while tilting the barrel end down, and screw in your tank. Fire approximately 15 times this way. It's going to be loud, so it's preferred to put a towel or the like over the end of the body where the barrel screws in.

ferret15 05-14-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigred76 (Post 239402)
Take off the barrel and hopper. Put two drops of good, synthetic paintball oil in the ASA while tilting the barrel end down, and screw in your tank. Fire approximately 15 times this way. It's going to be loud, so it's preferred to put a towel or the like over the end of the body where the barrel screws in.

do this ^^^^ First.

if that doesn't work pop out the valve body and inspect o-ring for damage, lube up and try again or replace the clear o-ring with a tank o-ring.

Extreme-RecBaller 05-15-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigred76 (Post 239402)

So i'm not saying it won't work, Why do i need to do this? what does this do?

bigred76 05-15-2009 07:52 AM

Basically it takes the oil everywhere inside the marker where the air would flow (valve, striker, V/A, vertical foregrip, bolt, etc), and thus makes life much easier than manually taking apart the marker and doing it drop by drop. It, of course, isn't as effective as going o-ring by o-ring and lubricating each and every one properly, but when it fixes most issues.... why bother? ;)

Extreme-RecBaller 05-15-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigred76 (Post 239443)
Basically it takes the oil everywhere inside the marker where the air would flow (valve, striker, V/A, vertical foregrip, bolt, etc), and thus makes life much easier than manually taking apart the marker and doing it drop by drop. It, of course, isn't as effective as going o-ring by o-ring and lubricating each and every one properly, but when it fixes most issues.... why bother? ;)

Ah, Thank you i understand why now