Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   this is what i want mine to look like (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=19884)

pballer113 04-22-2009 03:32 AM

this is what i want mine to look like

with scope

except with a 16in J&J
but this right here is exactly what i want mine to look like o and with my VL quantam

xsvly-fat 04-22-2009 08:05 PM

Re: this is what i want mine to look like

I don't like scopes on a paintball guns, they don't work so it's kinda pointless.

slim and shady 04-22-2009 08:26 PM

some scopes you can use for spotting, but not that one eye releif makes it impossible to use with a mask on.

pballer113 04-23-2009 03:23 AM

yea well what xsvly said its jus for spotting
and cosmetics

Pat 04-23-2009 01:04 PM

I do have to disagree with people saying you can’t use a scope with a mask. With the way I have my scope mounted the back end is a little past flush with the back end of the gun (before the stock) and with my mask I can see perfectly through it. Yeah people may have problems with eye relief but it’s all in how you mount it. Also I disagree about scopes not being useful I find that about 80% of my hit shots are taken with my scope. It all comes down to how your setup is and how you play the game

bigred76 04-23-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat (Post 237558)
about 80% of my kill shots are taken with my scope

Uhm... yeah... please keep wording like that out of posts. Taken in the context that I quoted, how bad does that look to you? :rolleyes:

With a 4X scope you decrease your field of view too far. I'm trying to equate 4X into degrees of viewing, but my mind's not working all the way through the pain meds. It's not that wide, though. With a red dot you get a better field of view, can see more, etc.

Pat 04-23-2009 01:43 PM

yeah your righ sorry bout that! :o

and i see what your saying you do lose a lot of "field of view" but it depends on the player if they are willing to sacrifice that

slim and shady 04-23-2009 01:57 PM

with the lack of veiw to if you should miss your first shoot you have no idea of knowing how much or in what direction to compensate for it.

pballer113 04-23-2009 02:43 PM

you guys are so helpful thanx alot

Pat 04-23-2009 06:43 PM

To an extent yes your right i agree with you 100% but for the lucky few that have the capability of using their fields paint that matches there bore size they can shoot more accurate at long distance (around 100ft) so with let’s say a 2X scope adjustments are feasible. Also even if the paint doesn’t match the bore after a group of shots you can tell the relative area of where the paintball will go (you can be about 80% positive the paintball will fly that way) im sure you guys all have had or heard people talking about eperiences with scopes but im just going by what ive found.