Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Main gun (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=19812)

slim and shady 04-13-2009 09:29 PM

Main gun

well the title says it all, I need a main gun for my tank as armor wars are comming up and we need tanks so what I am looking for is safe cheep ideas for a main gun for the tank. I cant stress enough that SAFTY is the utmost importance although it wont be a direct fire weapon (shot at an arched angle, but noot quite as much as 45*) in the chance it does I dont want to hurt anyone. There are specifics that I am looking for....

1-Has to look like the main gun for a tank
2-cannot be barrel loaded (I dont think I wanna stop the tank have my gunner crawl out to jam a shell down ect in the middle of combat)
3- Has to shoot a fragmentation grenade (water ballon in a sabot)
4-I mentioned SAFTY, but I will mention it again.
5-no PVC chamber designs that are ment to store air pressure within a PVC chamber, that violates rule 4.

So throw me your ideas sketches whatever you can think of. I am open to ideas. I thought of trying to get my EGL47 to work but it doesnt look like a main gun. I dont want to have anything real bulky as I plan on having my main gun fixed between 2 MR2 (Eye versions) markers in a 360* turret.

If you dont have anything positive or helpful to add to this thread please feel free to avoid it and post elswhere ;)

DFSniper 04-14-2009 04:01 AM

Re: Main gun

hmm... how about a 2-part cannon. a stationary barrel ON the tank, and a shorter one that fits inside that you could pull out, barrel-load, and put back on (lock into place?) at the end of the longer one.

pntballer5634 04-14-2009 06:52 AM

yea, adapt an existing launcher so that the end comes into the tank and you can load from cover, hook up some motors, and some software, and a controller, (try to get ur hands on the software the army uses to aim their tanks if possible, or something similiar) and ur good to go haha

slim and shady 04-14-2009 11:47 AM

ok this is a pb tank not an Abrhams(SP) I dont need gyroscopic stability or any other expensive crap. I could use my EGL47 on the inside, like you guys are talking about but with the addition of the longer barrel I would probably go from 60 yard shots to 10 feet. Anyother Ideas?

pntballer5634 04-14-2009 11:52 AM

just get mortar wit bipo, have loading side in tank, thr rest sticking out, and that makes for less exposed barrel, and a smaller target :tank: :tank2:

pntballer5634 04-14-2009 11:57 AM

im sure you cut cut out a slot in the side, above the end where air goes in, and have a hinged, rubber sealed door to open and load, then close and fire

slim and shady 04-14-2009 01:53 PM

Im not thinkin you guys have bein in a tank durrin a scenario? going out isnt an option the tank probably gets hit 10 000 times a game. Everyone sees a little gap and thinks they can hit somone inside, it usually takes a few rounds till they hit the spot they want then they hit it a few more before they realise there is safty net there and the paintballs arent going to do squat. with the crazy ideas you 2 have i thought for sure I would find a workable idea!

pntballer5634 04-14-2009 02:37 PM

ok, there is ur tank right, u got a little slit for the gun, surrounded by mesh or ball stopping material, tip of mortar sticks out, feed flap part is INSIDE TANK

pntballer5634 04-14-2009 02:50 PM

check it

slim and shady 04-14-2009 03:21 PM

pk so I got your design to mount it to the tank but noo idea for the construction of the launcher yet.