Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   General Spyder Forum (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   CO2 hurts (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=19526)

buffblackbird2002 03-09-2009 07:03 AM

CO2 hurts

Well there i was just sittin on my floor. i was putting my TL+ together due to the fact that some punks were walkin around my apartment complex lookin for trouble. i thought, since i dont have a REAL gun, id light them up with paint if the got near my cars (there is a history of slashed tires around here). i knew my tank had a dent in the threads but did not worry about it. i screwed it in and the darn o ring ripped. CO2 came spewing out of the bottom vent hole of my ASA and right at my face. i reacted by placing my hand over the hole to block my face while i unscrewed my tank. well now i have a dime sized bruise/ burn on my left hand. and it hurts!!!!! Lesson learned, i bought a new 24oz tank from walmart. now to fill it up!!!

dizzy 03-09-2009 08:08 AM

Re: CO2 hurts

I remember something like that happened to me at Skirmish. It was a few years back. While defending the castle, I decided it'd be smart to go up to the main tower and shoot from there. . . well, turns out I lost my footing at the last step due to all the paint that was on the floor, and well, my Shutter slammed into the floor and slid in front of me. My SS line broke open at the fittings and CO2 came shooting out straight at me. A ref saw it and tried to unscrew the tank. . . no dice. It was pretty stuck. So, I half froze my face, the ref almost froze his hands off, and everyone playing the Castle was wondering why there was a huge cloud coming out of the tower. From what I heard afterwards, not a single shot rung out when the cloud started getting big. xD

DFSniper 03-09-2009 11:32 AM

happened to me when i was unscrewing the tank and the hose fitting unscrewed (after the bottomline screws snapped!) luckily i was wearing fingerless gloves and only got some freezer burn on my fingertips.

xsvly-fat 03-09-2009 03:11 PM

That happened to me once, the air hose was loose and I had my hand over it. Didn't feel that good...

bigred76 03-09-2009 05:01 PM

I had a CO2 valve stick open when I was upstairs in my room, and grabbed the *** and ran down the stairs and out in the back yard to the patio. By that time, my hand was fused to the tank much like a tongue stuck to a frozen light pole.

XSiv Force 03-09-2009 05:20 PM

i shot a mr 2 so fast one time with the remote line that the tank froze to the pack which subsequently froze to my shirt which froze to my back

police_brutality 03-09-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XSiv Force (Post 233300)
i shot a mr 2 so fast one time with the remote line that the tank froze to the pack which subsequently froze to my shirt which froze to my back

yea maybe if your shirt was covered in sweat

TheRedBarron 03-09-2009 07:24 PM

Noone mentioned the fact that paintball guns should never be shot in the direction of people not willingly playing paintball or wearing a mask?

Using markers in this sense is how paintball keeps its black eye.

buffblackbird2002 03-10-2009 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRedBarron (Post 233310)
Noone mentioned the fact that paintball guns should never be shot in the direction of people not willingly playing paintball or wearing a mask?

Using markers in this sense is how paintball keeps its black eye.

i understand this but i was thinking about defending my property with non lethal force against someone i thought was going to cause trouble. luckily nothing happened and no force was used. id rather shoot someone unwilling with a paintball than beating them with a baseball bat or shooting them with a real gun if i had one. it was all in defense.

buffblackbird2002 03-10-2009 07:54 PM

sorry was not trying to be an arse. just stating my story. please dont flame me