Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Electronic Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Spyder Pilot 08 Feedneck and Troubles (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=19171)

gben93 01-20-2009 12:45 PM

Spyder Pilot 08 Feedneck and Troubles

Hey guys, I played for the first time with my Spyder Pilot 08 w/ eye yesterday and encountered a couple problems. The first problem I had was with the PSI 3000psi Coil with Black Slide Check Remote I used for my 20oz compressed air tank. Everything looked fine, but my gun just would not shoot. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get my coil to work? And I do not know if it was the coil, the tank, or the gun's fault. I would cock it back and a a couple balls would fall out. After, I just gave up on the coil and went to direct tank-to-gun and that worked fine.

Another problem I had with the Spyder Pilot 08 was sometimes I would pull the trigger and nothing would happen. I have an Evlution 2 loader with the straight elbow that came with the gun. I am not sure if this problem was because of the hopper or the gun, but I am thinking It is from the gun. I would shake everything a couple times before shooting again, and it would work, although I had to call myself out once because it would not start working again. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be?

I have one more question for you guys; how to change the feed neck on the Spyder Pilot 08?! I cannot find a way to remove the stock feed neck. And could anyone suggest a nice, low feed neck that fits the Spyder Pilot 08?

It would be awesome if anyone could answer any of these questions.

Thanks,
Ben

DFSniper 01-20-2009 01:03 PM

Re: Spyder Pilot 08 Feedneck and Troubles

did you screw the knob in so the remote opens the tank valve? and if its a 20oz, its not compressed air, its co2.

second, sounds like eye problems. check for pinched wires.

use a strap wrench to get a good grip on the feedneck. then use any ion (not ion xe) threaded feedneck. ccm is the best :up:

gben93 01-20-2009 01:32 PM

Oh daamn. when you say screw, do u mean like twisting the knob? and if so, does it make a difference if it was not totally completely tightened? And just so i dont get confused; should all the knobs that are able to twist be all tightened, nothing loose?

Do you know how I could check for the pinched wires without causing damage to my gun? I dont really know what im looking for when i check.

Alright ill look into getting a strap wrench. and ill look up the ion ccm feed neck.

Thanks for the advice maan.

DFSniper 01-20-2009 02:02 PM

yeah, twist the knob above where the tank screws in in all the way.

gben93 01-20-2009 02:32 PM

Ok. And do you think that the problem with the gun not shooting could have been low battery? Because that would explain why it kinda worked towards the end and then stopped working at the end

TheDarkShadow 01-20-2009 02:38 PM

did you charge it?

gben93 01-20-2009 02:41 PM

i put in a 9.6v rechargeable battery that shipped to me with all my stuff, i didnt charge it or anything. ive heard people say that some batteries that r shipped sometimes arent charged fully/at all?

TheDarkShadow 01-20-2009 02:44 PM

yes, the batteries are not fully charged when shipped

gben93 01-20-2009 02:46 PM

o arite cool. i guess that was the problem.

Thanks

Modded-Like-Hell 01-20-2009 02:51 PM

i only used a remote one time and i had a problem where liquid co2 was in the line and it would burp back in the day... so i never used the remote again