Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   News & Updates (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rumor: Change of BPS,etc In PSP (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=18891)

fatkidfrompbaz 12-09-2008 04:26 PM

Rumor: Change of BPS,etc In PSP

change of rate of fire, teams...
Quote:

I found this on the nation and thought i post up. Nppl 7 man is dead so we should see more PSP.. but check it out

“ PSP Pro & Semi Pro to be limited to 12 teams. Hurricanes to join the PSP, Joy Division is considering returning to the US to play PRO. BPS for Pro & Semi Pro; 12bps, D1-D3 10bps, D4-D5 8bps

Note: This is not set in stone as we have not received an official confirmation yet. This is raw and uncut.

The logic in moving from 13 to 12/10/8 is questionable. Understandably, it lowers the barrier to keeping a team running an entire season, but 3 different ROF in the same league? Definitely odd.

Its too bad WGP isn’t around anymore, they would make a killing. For everyone else, just turn off your eyes!

-Taken from Pbreserve

What does everyone think of another lower cap on BPS?

From the nation
this is Unconfirmed

Griff 12-09-2008 05:10 PM

Re: Rumor: Change of BPS,etc In PSP

It may help sponsers. and it may bring in some new teams. But I'm Sceptical on it working that way.

TheDarkShadow 12-09-2008 05:14 PM

that is SLOW... time to break out the revvys!

marvin-martian 12-09-2008 05:17 PM

wow. why are they setting it so low?

vikingshadow 12-09-2008 05:36 PM

No more electro guns necessary to play national level. 8 bps - I know of a few mechs can hit that, and a lot of cockers that can go faster!

RSX99 12-10-2008 05:18 AM

Easier on sponsorship dollars in regards to paint expenditures as well. Considering the current state of the economy, sponsorship will be harder to come by. The lower ROF will help bring in new players to the tourney life since they will most likely have less to spend.

DFSniper 12-10-2008 05:31 AM

i mean, 8bps d5? like vike said, theres mechs that can hit that. hell, i can hit that on my spyder! oh well, it looks like mags will be making a comeback :D

Muddytaco 12-10-2008 10:41 AM

Ramping is retarded anyway, just go back to semi and call it good.

deano 177 12-10-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muddytaco (Post 225979)

That's what I thought all along. If you can hit 14bps with your fingers then you should be able to shoot that. Just because your opponent can't why should he be allowed to ramp? If he can only do 8bps then that is on him.

TheDarkShadow 12-10-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muddytaco (Post 225979)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano 177 (Post 226011)
That's what I thought all along. If you can hit 14bps with your fingers then you should be able to shoot that. Just because your opponent can't why should he be allowed to ramp? If he can only do 8bps then that is on him.

I completely agree with the both of you