Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   News & Updates (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NPPL Files for Bankruptcy!?!?!?!? (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=18850)

fatkidfrompbaz 12-01-2008 02:33 PM

NPPL Files for Bankruptcy!?!?!?!?

i saw this on pbaz
Quote:

It is regret that I inform Arizona of this news. Time for us and United to start practicing xball

"After ten years of working for the NPPL, it is with a heavy heart that I contact you today regarding the future of the league and all of Pacific Paintball.

Pacific Paintball and its subsidiaries will be filing proceedings under the United States Bankruptcy Code to effect a liquidation of their respective assets and business operations. The affairs and assets of Pacific Paintball LLC, NPPL LLC, XPSL LLC, PB2X LLC, Xtreme Paintball Fields LLC and Camp Pendleton Paintball LLC will be administered by a court appointed trustee in bankruptcy. The bankruptcy court will provide you with written instructions regarding how and where to file any claims in this matter.

Despite doing all we could do, we were unable to make the business a viable concern. Further, in this severe economic climate, we were unable to secure new funding. It is a truly regrettable outcome, though one which is unfortunately occurring more and more frequently in this environment. We thank all those who have supported us.

On a personal note, it has been the time of my life working with each of you over the past decade. I will continue to support this wonderful sport in many ways and hope that our paths will soon cross again. I can be reached at (xxx) xxx xxxx or by email at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx should you have any questions or concerns regarding this announcement"

In saying this it has been my pleasure working with the NPPL over the years. I wish Bruce, Scott, Camille, and everyone else on there staff the best of luck in there future endeavors. All though this does seem like bad news to some. For the industry and players this will help us all. We will now have one league to focus on and to practice for.

Field owners...... start getting your xball fields ready

DFSniper 12-01-2008 03:05 PM

Re: NPPL Files for Bankruptcy!?!?!?!?

let me be the first to call shens.

Ace24 12-01-2008 03:06 PM

... don't think so. Shens tooo.

LostCause 12-01-2008 03:27 PM

nah......though could see a lot fewer teams this year...

xsvly-fat 12-01-2008 06:56 PM

Hard to say, but we'll have to see, as of now I agree with DFSniper and Ace.

DFSniper 12-01-2008 07:06 PM

well, i heard from a mod on another site, so i dunno. still seems sketchy though.

xsvly-fat 12-01-2008 07:17 PM

Yeah there was something about it on PbNation, it may be true, hard to say.

Ace24 12-01-2008 07:45 PM

I feel proud to say that I played in the NPPL Buffalo then. Since it was one of the last events.

bigred76 12-02-2008 12:32 AM

No official press release, so stop gossiping. I thought we were paintballers, not little schoolgirls talking while we're getting our hair braided.

RSX99 12-02-2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigred76 (Post 225334)
not little schoolgirls talking while we're getting our hair braided.

We're not? Damn, that's why I signed up...