Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Picture and Video Pages (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Well Howdy!!! Been a while (56K beware) (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=18839)

MVS1 11-30-2008 07:25 AM

Well Howdy!!! Been a while (56K beware)

What up gents...been a short while since I haunted these hallow grounds so I figured I'd catch everybody up to speed.
Played a 3-man millenium rules tourny this weekend in Baumholder, Germany. New team and we faired ok considering that me and one other guy out of the six on the team had ever played together before. Sure was sweet getting back in the groove. We had the first game of the day and I did a run through bunkering the last man standing for the win. Good start that fizzled a little in the middle but we finished strong winning our last 4 matches, all told we won 8 of 12 matches. I really enjoyed playing with the German's, all really great sportsman and only had one team that showed their ass with a guy playing on after he got lit up in the snake, even though he played on the ref's gave the match to the other team because they did a re-hang and they had one other player left, if they had caught that he'd been hit we would have took the match, and if they had followed their own rules (one for one for playing on) we would have taken that match as well. Didn't take home any prizes, but that didn't matter I was just glad to be playing again after 6 months. And the A1 and ripper where rock solid as usual even though they'd been sitting on the self for the last 6 months being neglected :(.
Other sweet news is my new car finally arrived here in Germany after 2 months of waiting on Friday and the weather broke enough for me to take her out and stretch her legs a little on the autobahn.

nothing finer then cruising down the autobahn as fast as you want without a care in the world :peace: :yay:

TheDarkShadow 11-30-2008 07:34 AM

Re: Well Howdy!!! Been a while (56K beware)

sounds awsome MVS1! how fast have you gotten the Caliber and suburban going?

SpyderMan723 11-30-2008 07:42 AM

I miss germany :(

sadly I think france will be our next family trip :smashpc:

MVS1 11-30-2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkShadow (Post 225163)
sounds awsome MVS1! how fast have you gotten the Caliber and suburban going?

Kept the SRT4 below 100 mph since she's new and still breaking in, but as soon as I reach 500 miles on her I plan on seeing if the advertised 155 mph topspeed is real or just hype.
The suburban....well let's just say that the vision of trying to stop a 6000+ pound vehicle in a hurry keeps the speed I drive that down to around 80-90 mph on the autobahn.

pb34 11-30-2008 08:23 AM

So by looking at the boost gauge, she's got a supercharger in there?

Critical 11-30-2008 10:11 AM

It's a turbocharger, not supercharger. It's the same motor that's in the SRT Neon, which comes way underrated from the factory, or at least, they did when they first came out. There were guys who were getting wheel HP on the dyno above the factory listed engine HP. A little bit of love (and a lot of cash) and you have a neat way of turning your tach into a windshield wiper. :)

DFSniper 11-30-2008 10:41 AM

wasnt BHP on the neon listed at 230? i think that was one of the newest ones.

having fun in germany yet? my best friend's wife got stationed in ansbach and she's dying (first time out of Kentucky other than Basic) being by herself, but he flies out on friday. which is good for them, but that means i have to find a new best friend :(. its kind of funny because we both just got back from germany a year and a half ago!

RSX99 12-01-2008 07:51 AM

Nice ride man :)

Ace24 12-01-2008 01:23 PM

Saw one of these the other day. Pretty impressive.

Glad to see you're having fun over there though!

SupaSnipa 12-05-2008 07:23 PM

How many PSI of boost do you get with the stock turbo?
BTW, is that the 5 spd?