Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Picture and Video Pages (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   druid's A5 Camo job (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=18773)

druid 11-19-2008 01:39 AM

druid's A5 Camo job

Painting the marker was an epic phail for me. After getting it painted, it started to peel off right away, leaving me to do this to it:

14" Palmer Brass with APEX tip. Cover is glued right to the unported barrel

Stock

Receiver, red/green dot and Panda X7 hopper cover

14" Freak/AA tip with removable barrel cover

Whole thing

And as an added bonus, I did my whippersnappers too. Yes, they BOTH have Celtic straps

druid 11-19-2008 01:40 AM

Re: druid's A5 Camo job

Last 4

bamf-hacker 11-19-2008 03:19 AM

Nice Druid. I would cut the fabric around the vents on the masks though. Better breathing and communication.

But nice work none the less

kramernator 11-19-2008 05:40 PM

yeah, that is really cool, i would prefer that over paint any day.... but yeah, make slits in the mask fabric, they would fog up less then...right?

TheDarkShadow 11-19-2008 05:46 PM

looks good but how easily will the fabric clean up from the paint?

xsvly-fat 11-19-2008 07:25 PM

Wow that is a really job.

Ace24 11-19-2008 07:59 PM

I hope you didn't glue that to the masks. >.< Those things should be in a museum. I'd think they'd have some kind of antique value to a collector or something.

DRAGON 11-19-2008 08:07 PM

Nice.....Digi and Palmer's, FTW - :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkShadow (Post 224503)

Scotchguard FTW. Isn't Druid Scottish? - :D

druid 11-20-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamf-hacker (Post 224469)
Nice Druid. I would cut the fabric around the vents on the masks though. Better breathing and communication.

But nice work none the less

Well as we both know, the 'Snappers are probably the most heat venting and breathable masks ever made. They just aren't 'agg' enough for today's peeps...lol. These take JT Elite lenses and I have thermals in both. One has a fan in it but I want to see how they behave as-is before opening the vents.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramernator (Post 224501)
yeah, that is really cool, i would prefer that over paint any day.... but yeah, make slits in the mask fabric, they would fog up less then...right?

Thanks. See above.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkShadow (Post 224503)

Should clean up as easily as any other fabric. Water+toothbrush=clean and ready to go.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace24 (Post 224520)
I hope you didn't glue that to the masks. >.< Those things should be in a museum. I'd think they'd have some kind of antique value to a collector or something.

Yes I did. Museums are nice but I like to play with what I know works. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against new styles of masks but I know these work (for me). I have 3 pair of Invisions, 1 X-Fire, 2 Extreme Rage, 1 Scott, 1 NVader and a couple of others I forget what they are. Of them all, I like these the best.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGON (Post 224524)
Nice.....Digi and Palmer's, FTW - :thumbup:

Scotchguard FTW. Isn't Druid Scottish? - :D

LOL...thanks.
And ScotchGuard has already been applied.......lol.

jim762 11-20-2008 11:08 PM

What kind of glue did you use and what type of fabric is it? Also, if you pull the fabric off can you clean up the glue? If i can find enough tiger strip fabris i might do my MR 3, but want to be able to take it off if i try to sell it or mess up.