Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Discontinued Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Esprit and BPS (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=187)

h3ctor 12-28-2005 10:08 PM

Esprit and BPS

Hrmm alright, so a couple of questions regarding co2 and the esprit.

#1. Im currently using Co2, just wondering how many repeated shots does it take till the marker gets cold or does that weird shooting that people talk about.
Currently I have an expansion chamber.

#2. I noticed the rate of fire is like 12..it says so on the box.
does that mean that the internals cant manage more then 12, ? what if I got a new board capable of more then that, is it possible?

durrell 12-28-2005 10:15 PM

Hello, and welcome to the boards. :wave:

1.It will take awhile for you to notice the expansion chamber starting to freeze unless you are on full auto. In semi, playing in decent temperatures (45 degrees and up I'd say) you'll never have a problem with it freezing unless you're on full auto for several minutes. But playing in the winter, you might notice it begin to sweat, but I doubt you'll have a problem during play with it freezing up as long as you're in semi.

2.Spyders and their internals are capable of cycling 55cps (cycles per second) as far as I know. This means with an upgraded board, upgraded reg/HPA system that recharges that fast, and a hopper that will keep up, you could achieve very high rates of fire. I think the fastest I have seen is 48cps so far, but no loader can keep up with that so if you bought a T-Board and a Halo B you could up your rate of fire considerably.

Hope that helps you a bit. :)

druid 12-29-2005 02:11 AM

what durrell means to say is....
1. no revision needed...was a well explained answer
2. A stock Esprit board is limited to 12 by it's programming. The marker is capable of up to around 50-55 bps (as he said) and with an aftermarket, uncapped board...it's going to be sick.

I TBoarded and break-beam eyed my Esprit. I out-shot a Z-Boarded Egg II...ask Bomberpilot07...he owns it now...it's sick...just....just......just.....S--I--C--K

ad0131065 12-29-2005 05:46 AM

What do you mean by "weird shooting that people talk about"?
Do you mean walking?

h3ctor 12-29-2005 09:02 AM

Re: Esprit and BPS

Well explained guys. Next time I should be more specific and not say "weird shooting" lol. But my questions were answered anyway :) What I meant was it basically freezing up and having my balls go haywire (shooting hot for a bit, chopping inside). I only asked cuz im running co2 with a new acs bolt and evl II hopper I just got ( i havent used them yet).

Thanks Guys, Quick and great responses. Gj.

ooglieboogliebob 12-29-2005 12:24 PM

by weird shooting .. i thought he meant the co2 spiking ... hah well .. the acs bolt needs to be wore in before it actually works .. just so you know ...

h3ctor 12-29-2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooglieboogliebob
by weird shooting .. i thought he meant the co2 spiking ... hah well .. the acs bolt needs to be wore in before it actually works .. just so you know ...

ya i did mean the co2 spiking heh :/ So ya, I noticed the bolt has no o-rings, by working it in, just means shooting with it alot? What does that do, just sorta mold itself to teh bore? ( i chopped once so far. but ran out of air at teh same time, duno if its related ( this same thing i asked in another thread so dont worry ))

ooglieboogliebob 12-29-2005 02:47 PM

... well by wearing it in .. it wears the spring in the ACS bolt so the antichop system actually works ... and umm .. out of air ... shouldn't really contribute to chopping ...

Yeah co2 spikes alot cuz it's unstable .. as you probably already know .. the only way to really control this is with an anti-siphon tube .. which you could probably install by urself .. and probably make the anti-siphon by urself too .. probably costing you a grand total of ... 10 dollars max .. with all the fittings and the red loctite ... (assuming you have a torch, or a heat gun ... which you don't really need .. but it'll speed up the process a lot .. cuz ... a lighter ... and 5 minutes ... is really ... slow :)) .. if you want the antisiphon instructions just PM me ... i have DRUID's anti-siphon directions that bigred gave to me ...

Another thing you can do to prevent spiking is ... by getting a HPA tank .. which would probably run for ... 64 bucks for a 72ci3k PMI fixed tank ... which is good ... because if your gonna buy it already siphoned .. it'd be about .. 50 bucks ... you could also get 48ci3k tank for 10 more bucks .. but i'd rather add 4 more bucks to that .. to get the 72ci3k .... oh yeah im talking about this .. but i don't give you the link .. Click Here

h3ctor 12-29-2005 06:46 PM

alright sounds good. So if I get a hpa tank, it says it shoots at 850 psi. thats sort of high. I guess if i want it lower, then I can follow some simple instructions at Otters site for lp spyders (right?). My friends and I were talking about it, im still sorta new to air so i get lost a bit. but my friends have a stock regulator from their ION's and they were/are willing to just give it to me and see if it works.. (does any of this make sense so far :/ )

thechubbss12 12-30-2005 06:49 AM

Humm Yea it makes perfect sence. but for a stock spyder 850 is fine, seeing as when your running on CO2 it can spike to over 1000 psi inside you gun.

Yea doing the custom mod on the spyder will help the performance of it alot, but just HPA by its self helps. If you can get a reg fro free i say power to ya. except it may not be able to open enough to let 800 psi through if it is a stock ion reg.