Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is wrong with me? (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=18410)

vikingshadow 09-21-2008 04:28 PM

What is wrong with me?

Yesterday started out as a decent day. I got a good night's sleep, woke up somewhat early, got a shower out of the way and decided to go to Wal-Mart to get some grocery shopping done. I shop in record time - it's soooo much easier when it's early and there's no one there! I get in and out, spend nearly 130 bucks for one week's groceries (YIKES!), in nearly record time. About 40 minutes.

On my way home, I passed a spot that was having a pet adoption so I thought I'd go in and see what they had - just looking mind you! Nothing else - we already have a mildly active Min Pin that's spoiled rotten and we certainly don't need another animal in the house. I pull in, get out and the first thing I see is this woman carrying around the cutest puppy I've ever seen. I asked her what he was, and she told me he's a Yorkie/French Bulldog mix,

Yeah, exactly what I thought! What in the world?

So, I check him out, get a good take on how big he's going to be - I'd bet he wasn't going to get any bigger than 10 inches, let alone 10 pounds. I call my wife to come check him out - she's wanted a Yorkie for a long time, but I'll be danged if I spend 500 bucks on a dog! A paintball gun, sure - but not a dog! (You can get them for free, you know...) There isn't any visible problems with him, he's already had his shots, he is a cutey! Can't see any of the French Bulldog OR the Yorkie in him, though. Does sort of look like a Chihuahua, though. I hate those dogs!

Anyway, because of my bonehead move by going and checking out a pet adoption place - we now have a new dog in our house. Wouldn't be so bad, but he's not house broken, and not kennel broken, and barks all night.

Sigh.

Ok, here are a few things I learned about this dog.

1. Dogs CAN and DO have ADHD.

2. Women absolutely love cute, tiny animals.

3. Dogs CAN and DO have ADHD.

4. Puppies are never ending poop machines - but ONLY after you bring them back in from being outside for 20 minutes.

5. Dogs CAN and DO have ADHD.

6. I'm an idiot.

7. Dogs that are ADHD sleep for about 3 minutes, then they're up running around like crazy.

This dog, I'm totally serious, will lay down to go to sleep and after about 3 minutes jumps up, goes absolutely bugnuts spinning in circles, running around then will lay right back down. He'd been spoiled rotten BEFORE we got him, so that he CONSTANTLY wants to be held. He barks at everything. He hates being away from anyone for any length of time.

Now, with two girls and a wife, this isn't normally such a bad thing because they totally love him and will do everything that is necessary for him. BUT, they're gone a lot right now with other things (work, church, games, etc...) and my wife is going to a meeting in Tulsa this week for two days - it's gonna be nuts around here.

Our other dog, Sophie the Min Pin, who's very protective of us doesn't quite know what to do here. I feel kind of bad for her - we've had her probably 5 years (maybe 6, I'm not sure.)

Here are some BAD pictures of him. I can't get him to hold still! (Did I mention I think he has ADHD? Hyperactive, and I don't think he pays attention very well...)

Here he is compared to Sophie. They did play a little together today, and she's starting to tolerate him being in the same area as him. She did nip and growl at him a few minutes ago, though.

So, here's your task, SOC. I need a name for this dog. I came up with Jumbo, but my wife doesn't like it. Then, I came up with Maximus Aurelius (from Gladiator) Max for short, but I know this kid named Max and while it's a good fit, I just don't care for it. My youngest daughter likes Jasper, and my oldest daughter likes Mojo (from The Transformers.) They also came up with Pablo and Pierre (for the French Bulldog part of him...)

I need to come up with a name quickly though. We've had him a day and a half already, and still no name. He's got to learn it quickly, or we can't control him! Keep in mind, if you answer "Other" my wife wants it to be somewhat dignified. Post what you think it should be!

If you guys come up with something cool, I'll name him that! But it's got to be within the next day or so. So hurry up and vote!

especiialypsycho 09-21-2008 04:36 PM

Re: What is wrong with me?

I say you name him Tiger, or Sparky.

DFSniper 09-21-2008 04:42 PM

im actually partial to mojo for some reason...

don't worry vike, the night my parents were supposed to come back from vacation i adopted a kitten. found her at the construction site for my best friend's parent's new house. she was about the size of my cell phone when flipped open (not including her head)! i guess she had been there for a few days, but none of the workers wanted to take her home, but they fed her lunch scraps. i couldn't think of a name, but then it came to me. KIBBLES! short for kibbles and bits, which is what she would've become if left by herself. my parents werent too thrilled, our fat cat loves her now (he used to hiss at her all the time), and she still won't have anything to do with out 6 year old boder collie/lab mix.

morning after i found her

TheDarkShadow 09-21-2008 04:56 PM

my brother and his girlfriend adopted a puppy that they found on the side of the road. It has 2 names; snots (from christmas vacation) and precious. my brother wanted snots and she wanted precious. When they first got it it could fit in the palm of your hand. It looks like it has chicken talons cuase it has an extra toe on each back foot.

My dogs have the opposite of ADHD, they sleep for like 80% of the day

XSiv Force 09-21-2008 04:58 PM

Poncho or poco

DFSniper 09-21-2008 04:59 PM

vike, don't you wish your puppy was more like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zVCYdrw-1o

vikingshadow 09-21-2008 05:20 PM

I know I shouldn't, but I seriously laughed at that!

DFSniper 09-21-2008 05:27 PM

its ok, laugh at this one too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA3dHi_o7Yw&NR=1

TheDarkShadow 09-21-2008 05:32 PM

lol, rusty the narcoleptic dog! LOL

VS3 Sniper 09-21-2008 06:03 PM

Scooby Doo is what I would name it!