Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   So seeing as it appears my Grillz won't be coming.. (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=18030)

battlechaser 08-10-2008 08:35 AM

So seeing as it appears my Grillz won't be coming..

I get to make the choice all over again. I'm not really sure what I want though, the Vforce Grills look good, but the Flex's are just so customizable. Input would be appreciated! :D

My Proto Switches took a shot in the lens retainer (the bezel that goes around the lens, holding it in place), and somehow, some of the fill worked it's way behind the outer thermal lens.

And yes, I realize I spelt SHOULD wrong. :dodgy:

Ace24 08-10-2008 09:13 AM

Re: So seeing as it appears my Grillz won't be coming..

Personally, I'm not that huge of a fan of Grillz. They are made for people with small heads IMO.

Always liked Proflex's better. Like you said, there is the custom ability factor.

Have you tried both?

battlechaser 08-10-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace24 (Post 214161)
Personally, I'm not that huge of a fan of Grillz. They are made for people with small heads IMO.

Always liked Proflex's better. Like you said, there is the custom ability factor.

Have you tried both?

Not yet, But I work close enough to Badlands, so I may stop in on my way home next week. The Grillz fit alright though, one of the guys I play woods with has them.

shark 08-10-2008 10:07 AM

Id get the proflex, they are very customizable like you said and in my opinion more comfortable than some of the other masks I have worn (profiler, grillz, i3, i3 pro, switch)

SupaSnipa 08-10-2008 10:56 AM

I like both, I love the look and feel of the Grillz but the customizeable stuff on the Flex's.

Im voting other because there are other possible option like Events

DFSniper 08-10-2008 01:08 PM

i swear by flexes. they may seem a little bulky at first, but you get used to it. my heads kind of big, so they fit me fine. tried on i3s once, and it felt like zero protection...

battlechaser 08-10-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFSniper (Post 214194)
i swear by flexes. they may seem a little bulky at first, but you get used to it. my heads kind of big, so they fit me fine. tried on i3s once, and it felt like zero protection...

That's what I don't like about my Switches, they don't really cover much of my chin/neck.

timmyshoota 08-10-2008 01:29 PM

I've loved my i3 Pros to death. I never got much of a chance with my Grillz, but I did like them. Flexes are okay, but nothing great.

TheDarkShadow 08-10-2008 03:23 PM

Vforce ftw

xsvly-fat 08-10-2008 05:29 PM

My Flex is really nice but Grillz are good too. I would try them both on and see for youself