Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Veteran Forum name change? (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17984)

DFSniper 08-06-2008 07:39 PM

Veteran Forum name change?

well, vike thought i should put this up to a vote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DFSniper (Post 213555)
i've been thinking over the past few days (something i find myself doing too much of during summer vacation) and the title "Veteran Forum" sends out the wrong message. the title makes it sound like anything non-spyder related is better than spyders and should be in here, or that if you don't consider yourself a vet, you shouldn't post. i know when i started playing and hung out on the old forum, i didn't even dare to venture here because i thought everything in here was over my head. i think a more appropriate title would be "General Paintball Forum." i'm not sure what the webmaster had in mind when he/she/they created the sub-forums, but the vet forum isn't just about high end markers or advanced tech talk, but it encompasses everything paintball that is non-Kingman, including other low-end guns and advice topics to and from beginners.

just thought i'd throw this out there to see what the mods and regulars have to say on the topic.

nastystankweed 08-06-2008 08:14 PM

Re: Veteran Forum name change?

NOOOOOOO, I like the name

timmyshoota 08-06-2008 09:14 PM

There needs to be a Vet forum, with special privileges needed to post in it.

Ace24 08-06-2008 09:40 PM

I never thought that... I always just read the little thing below it and went there if I had a serious question to ask about paintball, in hopes that the more experienced people (as it says) would give me incite. :eek:

bigred76 08-06-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyshoota (Post 213667)
There needs to be a Vet forum, with special privileges needed to post in it.

Troof! I'd love an OG forum for all of us that have been on here for a long time! Not the random **** that PBN has for OSST where after a year you can post, sorta a hand picked thing of the active veterans on the board. Ted excluded, of course, so we can have a place of refuge on here from his "Ion this" and "Ion that!" :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace24 (Post 213675)
I never thought that... I always just read the little thing below it and went there if I had a serious question to ask about paintball, in hopes that the more experienced people (as it says) would give me incite. :eek:

I've always chilled in the vet's forum... It's just the general forum for those looking to get answers from those more experienced in the sport. I'm surprised at how many posts show up in the General Spyder forum that could very well be answered in the Vet's Forum by those of us that avoid the MR and General Spyder forums (generally I do, at least... I don't want my infraction count to increase at an exponential rate just yet! ;)).

As for the naming issue... "Ask The Vets" is all I can come up with. :shrug:

Ace24 08-07-2008 03:01 AM

I hate you Tim :dodgy:

HelpDeskHustler 08-07-2008 06:39 AM

General Paintball, OG vet forum.

shunut 08-07-2008 07:03 AM

Vote all you want nothing is going to change. This thread is pretty pointless.

especiialypsycho 08-07-2008 09:51 AM

^ hes crushing our hopes of a new sub forum):

SpyderMan723 08-07-2008 10:29 AM

shu, you're raining on DF's parade! :P