Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Electronic Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Electra 08 sear prob (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17858)

gotchalez 07-28-2008 04:51 PM

Electra 08 sear prob

HI y'all, i´ve bought last weekend an electra, all day long shoots great on direct co2.. this saturday, i took it off my backpack to get ready and play, and $)%/&·) something´s wrong..

when i pull the trigger the solenoid does not fully hit the sear, my friend has a RS and I switch solenoids and works 4 about 5min or so.. and it did it again..

sometimes it does hit the sear and the hammer get loose, but once in a while..

I have lube it, loved it, new tank, kissd it, hugd it, and nothing!! what do you thing it would be? i think is the sear spring that is too hard, but i was playing last weekend all day long w/o any problem. thanks!

TOMMYD3UCE 07-28-2008 11:27 PM

Re: Electra 08 sear prob

Did you try a fresh new battery.

ramen 07-29-2008 09:26 PM

Yup, try a new battery.

If youre using a rechargeable 9.6v, get it a fresh charge. Playing all weekend long might have drained it.

MonsterLopes 07-31-2008 07:22 AM

Almost facepalm material...

gotchalez 08-04-2008 12:05 PM

hi there, thanks fo the answers..

the problem is now solved.. the thing is, the new electra (my new electra) does not work with standard 9v battery, it just dont have enough power to hit the sear.. i just switch to a 9.6v and work great.. thanks!

BoneCollector 08-04-2008 12:54 PM

Sounds exactly like the same problem I am having. Going to order a rechargeable right now. Thanks for the info.

Master Tech 08-19-2008 09:25 AM

To get the most out of your 9 Volt battery on a Electra take the coil set pin and grind it down to an overall length of 24mm or .945 inch remember not to grind it too short or you may not have enough pin length to push on the sear.

The increased gap between the sear and coil set pin allows the pin to accelerate with enough force to trip the sear properly even with a power supply that's below 8.5 volts.

I personally had a battery down to 8 volts and was still able to trip the sear before I had to replace the battery.

BESERKER 09-04-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Tech (Post 215312)
The increased gap between the sear and coil set pin allows the pin to accelerate with enough force to trip the sear properly even with a power supply that's below 8.5 volts.

it seems that on mine it requires more force to trip the sear-more than normal I would say.I push on the sear where the set pin would normally push & it's hard to trip it,i have to use a small screwdriver to push it.
It's very frustrating.
any suggestions?

timewaste 02-12-2009 12:13 PM

is there alot of spring tension

timewaste 02-12-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Tech (Post 215312)
To get the most out of your 9 Volt battery on a Electra take the coil set pin and grind it down to an overall length of 24mm or .945 inch remember not to grind it too short or you may not have enough pin length to push on the sear.

I personally had a battery down to 8 volts and was still able to trip the sear before I had to replace the battery.

That is what Kingman told me ... they will just send you one if you let them know whats wrong