Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Irish's Mortar/Handheld Bazooka Project (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=16906)

irishwarrior 05-19-2008 11:49 AM

Irish's Mortar/Handheld Bazooka Project

Mods, if this isn't the right place go ahead and move it and it's cool if you decide to close the non-project mortar thread I made.

So I decided to try and make a dual-purpose Mortar/Handheld Bazooka (thanks for the idea Shady:D ).

All I really need to know is how to make it so it holds pressure. I searched around and couldn't find anything that really helped. I know that it needs a pressure chamber and a valve system, but what materials should I use? How should I use them?

Thanks in advance :D!!

slim and shady 05-19-2008 12:16 PM

Re: Irish's Mortar/Handheld Bazooka Project

First place I would look at is the paintball cockbock that Zee (I think it was him) was sending people through the homade paintball equipt thread. You will need a expansion chamber and valve set up. look around on the net and on youtube im sure you will fined everything you need to get started.

irishwarrior 05-19-2008 01:06 PM

Okay, thanks man.

kramernator 05-19-2008 01:44 PM

otherwise you could use an explosive, i use hairspray in my potato gun, but it takes a while to reload, to spray in the the hairspray and such.

Zee 05-19-2008 01:47 PM

It was me, Offer still stands. :D

slim and shady 05-19-2008 01:59 PM

I personaly say to use air and regulate it then you can controle the volocity better the range and consistancy. Personaly i dont belive "explosive" anything is good on a paintball feild.

irishwarrior 05-19-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramernator (Post 201900)
otherwise you could use an explosive, i use hairspray in my potato gun, but it takes a while to reload, to spray in the the hairspray and such.

Okay, I kinda want this to be field-legal. If I were allowed to use combustion, I would just use the mortar I built back in 6th grade with pringles cans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zee (Post 201901)
It was me, Offer still stands. :D

What exactly did you make? What does it do?

Zee 05-19-2008 02:11 PM

I didnt make anything, theres a paintball mortar/cannon/grenade launcher in the paintball cookbook.

irishwarrior 05-19-2008 02:15 PM

Ah, I saw it but, I don't want combustion it's too dangerous. Thanks for sending me that cookbook by the way. I will probably be using the majority of the mods in that document.

Here are my basic plans (sorry for my mad drawing skills :dodgy::

I just need to figure out how to fire it, lol and what materials to use.

slim and shady 05-19-2008 02:20 PM

yeah I beleive some of the launchers have co2 conversions to them to Irish, bein a long time since I looked at it though.