Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   the CF barrels poll (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=16527)

ttam13xlpb 04-22-2008 07:20 PM

the CF barrels poll

Well im thinkin' bout looking into a CF barrel somewhere in the future...And im thinking about either a deadly winds,stiffi,or sly...so if anyone can give me pros and cons of some of these barrels that would be great.I've never owned a CF barrel so im not sure if they would be worth it over..lets say a dye ultralight??? i know they are lighter but if you hold both barrels in your hands can you really tell much of a difference? Any info will be appreciated and maybe this thread could help out other potential CF barrel buyers:)

again for all of you that wont read the thread and are just going to vote(cuz i know your out there)the options are:
STIFFI
DEADLY WINDS
SLY
OTHER

Thanks

EDIT:if a mod could add the poll up here for me that would be great cuz every time i make a poll thread i forget the poll:o

TheDarkShadow 04-22-2008 07:31 PM

Re: the CF barrels poll

OTHER: Veiwloader CF Barrel FTW :dodgy:

pbfreak3221 04-22-2008 07:49 PM

My personal favorite is Stiffi, however I have heard that the Sly kits are quality products.

Edit: You could also check out the new Deadly Wind Null barrels that just came out, I believe they are advertised as the current lightest barrel.

HelpDeskHustler 04-23-2008 03:40 AM

Null isn't in production... they're having quality control problems.

I hear good things about deadly wind with kit though.

I own a stiffi, it's pretty nice.

ttam13xlpb 04-23-2008 03:05 PM

would you prefer it over a dye ul at the cost of a stiffi?

And thanks to whoever added the poll

HelpDeskHustler 04-23-2008 03:10 PM

I prefer it over a UL. The cost of the two was nearly identical for me. 90 for the UL, 90 for a stiffi.

Muddytaco 04-23-2008 03:17 PM

Sly kit is terrible, control bore is only 2" and basiclly does nothing. I used my cousin's on my old ironmen timmy and couldn't hit anything.

I have never had a stiffi that shot very nice (owned 4-5 single bores and switch kit)

Deadlywind always shot nice in the year and half I owned mine.

Team Ramrod 04-23-2008 04:06 PM

Never owned one, but heard good things of the Fibur. Light weight carbon fiber and the lengthy control bore of the freak insert seems to appeal to me, and reading around apparently it works wonders. Oh, and the second gen is now swab-able with fizzy swabs like Redz swabs

MVS1 04-24-2008 09:40 AM

Deadly Wind Fibur is awesome, Love mine!!! Nice part is being able to build your own barrel kit by just buying the inserts you typically use, 2 maybe 3 inserts are all you'll ever need. I was extremely disappointed with my Stiffi Red Mamba, terrible accuracy, even sent it back to Site to have it checked out and they said nothing was wrong with it and charged me $15 for their trouble, sold it as soon as I got it back from them. I traded one of my buddies my DW for his Sly for a couple of games and neither of us noticed any difference between the 2 accuracy wise and although I didn't get to weigh the Sly, I'm pretty sure the DW's a bit lighter.