Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Keep my old barrel or get a new one (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=16449)

spray and pray 04-18-2008 05:54 PM

Keep my old barrel or get a new one

I have a hammerhead kit and it's acting up on me. I was considering getting a new barrel but I thought I would ask here first. What ones do you reccomend?

xsvly-fat 04-18-2008 06:07 PM

Re: Keep my old barrel or get a new one

what is it doing?

MVS1 04-18-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spray and pray (Post 196010)
I have a hammerhead kit and it's acting up on me. I was considering getting a new barrel but I thought I would ask here first. What ones do you reccomend?

Whatta ya mean by acting up??? If your looking at getting a new barrel I have became a HUGE FAN of Deadly Wind Fiburs. If they have the barrel thread your looking for I give it :up: :up:

Ace24 04-18-2008 10:49 PM

I don't understand how barrel kits can "act up."

It is an inanimate object. It has no moving parts... how can something that doesn't move "act up?"

User fault?

bigred76 04-18-2008 11:04 PM

Scratches from dirty balls? Permanent gunk from ****ty balls? I don't quite know how a very good quality barrel like a Hammerhead can go bad... explain?

spray and pray 04-19-2008 02:53 AM

I have the deadlywind on my ion and it's great but not what I'm looking for on my spyder. I have no idea what's wrong with the hammerhead. I got my velocity to 285ish like they reccomend and I sized my paint so I had the perfect match. I go to fire a few paintballs and they fly all over the place. After that I thought it must be a bad batch of paint. I got a new case of paint and sized my balls again and still had the same problem. There was absolutely no wind.

ttam13xlpb 04-19-2008 07:29 AM

are there scratches inside the barrel?that could be it...oh and id recomend a cp barrel.always done good on my spyder

spray and pray 04-19-2008 07:34 AM

no scratches. I have always taken good care of my stuff so that is why I'm really confused. I talked to hammerhead and they said try some other paintballs and if that doesn't work send it in for cash back.

Ace24 04-19-2008 09:33 AM

Check your bolt for flaws.

MVS1 04-19-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spray and pray (Post 196073)
I have the deadlywind on my ion and it's great but not what I'm looking for on my spyder. I have no idea what's wrong with the hammerhead. I got my velocity to 285ish like they reccomend and I sized my paint so I had the perfect match. I go to fire a few paintballs and they fly all over the place. After that I thought it must be a bad batch of paint. I got a new case of paint and sized my balls again and still had the same problem. There was absolutely no wind.

Had the same problem w/a used Stiffi Red Mamba (.691) I picked up for my A1, it was all over the place, even sent it into Site and paid $45 for them to check it and replace the G7 Fly collar w/an A1 specific collar (.689). Got it back and had the same problem, random breaks and lousy accuracy. Sometimes the PB gods just frown on us I guess.