Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   College - going: Q - what w/ paintball (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=16418)

HelpDeskHustler 04-17-2008 02:44 AM

College - going: Q - what w/ paintball

I shortened a very long title. Basically the situation is this. I'll have enough money durring college to keep my gear. I won't have enough money to play very often... maybe like once every 3 weeks if I'm lucky. I was coming up with some ideas with some friends and a couple of them really wanted to play pump when I brought it up. Here are my options:

Option A:

Keep my semi stuff, my worn gear and buy ONE pump marker. Nothing else will be new, and most will sit on a shelf. I'll play about twice a week pump, and only ever so often semi (like a tournament only). The benefit of this is that I love my Bob Long Protege, and I could use it in tournies. The downside is I'd play less.

Option 2:

I sell almost all of my stuff, excluding my mask. And I buy 2 pump markers, a new mask, a gearbag and some new softgear, then have a little money to spare... Yes I did the math, I would probably have some money to spare. The upside of this idea is i can play a lot, have a loaner, and get a bunch of new gear (I like new gear :)). The downside is that I'd get rolled by most of the regulars at my field and that I'd have nothing to pick up when I just couldn't succeed with the pump.

DFSniper 04-17-2008 03:23 AM

Re: College - going: Q - what w/ paintball

the first one

tater_salad 04-17-2008 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFSniper (Post 195690)
the first one

:yeahthat:

The Pumper 04-17-2008 06:00 AM

If you cant win with a pump, then something is wrong with how you play.

timmyshoota 04-17-2008 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pumper (Post 195694)
If you cant win with a pump, then something is wrong with how you play.

LOL @ that BS.

The Pumper 04-17-2008 06:08 AM

If you rely on massive amounts of paint to hit someone, that's not skill.

So laugh all you want. You're full of yourself anyway.

Maxx-Damage 04-17-2008 06:44 AM

Option 1. But the only problem i see is are you allowed to keep pb gear on campus or are you renting out an apartment? i know of the 3 or 4 colleges my bro toured he asked and they said that your not allowed to keep any gear at the dorms.

DisIsMyUsername 04-17-2008 06:53 AM

lawl at the pump ordeal.

and...ultimately isnt it the same option? I say you keep your gear to a minimum and when u keep it in the dorm (if u stay in one, take it apart and put like the trig frame on one side of the room, and the rest somewhere else (if they're strict and run sweeps, tho i doubt it...they didnt at UF and its not like they check ur stuff.)

And you'll be busy with school. If its not school work, i'm sure you'll be doing the social thing and railing some chicks. :)

If youre friends wanna play, they can get their own stuffs..and you can probably easily convince them.

XSiv Force 04-17-2008 07:16 AM

I agree with pumper........If you have to hit something by using 2000 rounds then there is something wrong with the way your playing.......Auburn doesnt care about gear in the dorm.....Most of the guys on my team live in the dorms...im in an appartment where evryone generally comes by to work on or shoot off their guns

Hoppy11 04-17-2008 09:38 AM

This isn't a poll on what is more skillful - pump vs semi, its a poll and what you think he should do with his gear. Please try to keep to that topic.