Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Paintball Tournaments (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Spyder Cup 08 Free Agents (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=16369)

Jack In The Box 04-14-2008 09:26 AM

Spyder Cup 08 Free Agents

I find the new APPA system works well, but they left out a few things that should make it easier to find. The main one being looking for other players. To date they only allow you to look up free agents if you are registered through there site. And the site isnt event specific enough to just look up people for a certain event.

I figure, why not have one right here on the forums.

Want to play in the Spyder Cup? Dont have a team? Looking for teammates?

Look here, you never know, may just find the person/s you are looking for.

Good luck.

Also, I may be looking for a team/teamates for the final preliminary event in Cali, still not sure though. :D

DFSniper 04-14-2008 02:02 PM

Re: Spyder Cup 08 Free Agents

the main problem i see is that you have to have a sponsor thats a kingman dealer. so if there's no dealer near you and you can't drive long distances on the weekend, you're pretty much out of luck.

oh, by the way, i'm looking for a team in the louisville area that plans on playing in illinois.

Jack In The Box 04-15-2008 07:17 AM

As far as I am aware, the sponsorship stipulation was based on last years prize of the fourth hummer. And the sponsor only needs to be named by a team. Not sure of the specifics for this year, but will look it up.

Hope you find a team to pick you up, and if you do, good luck in Louisville.

komikaze 04-25-2008 07:21 AM

WHA?!?!?!?

In order to play in the Spyder cup.... your team has to be sponsored by a kingman dealer (field)????

I don't remember seeing that in the rule???? (but I didn't read all the fine print)

DFSniper 04-25-2008 07:25 AM

those were the rules last year, not sure about this year.

Jack In The Box 05-03-2008 09:30 AM

I just did a run down of the official rulebook for the 08 event. There is no reference to a requirement that a team must have an official Spyder dealer/sponsor promoting their team. As far as I know, that was last years requirement. An official answer from a Spyder official on these forums would be great to get this question answered. I will look into it.

Still looking for a possible team in the final prelim event. Contact me for questions or info.

Kunithrayin 08-30-2008 11:14 AM

Actually the rules this year say that you CANNOT have a sponsorship with Kingman/Spyder

th3_0n3 09-10-2008 09:16 AM

Well, aren't they giving away four Mazda's like last year? Well either way, I need a team and if it is required to have a store or Kingman dealer sponsorship, I go to a shop that would be glad to do it. I'm available for the last qualifier and the finale. PM me if you need a player.

Kingman-Rep 09-11-2008 08:03 AM

We are giving away (3) Three Mazdas as a grand prize. If you have a store sponsor, they will not receive a fourth(4) vehicle.

You can not be sponsored by Spyder but you may be sponsored by a store.