Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Players' Talk (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Oklahoma D Day (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15923)

SpyderMan723 03-19-2008 03:40 AM

Oklahoma D Day

Anyone been?

Really thinking about going next year with my buds

interceptorMR2 03-22-2008 08:37 AM

Re: Oklahoma D Day

I really want to go to this, it looks epic. I am in desperate need of money for this though, i live in oregon so its the 70 buck unit registration plus the couple hundred or so for the plane ticket there... What unit are you going to join if you go? I saw a bunch of vids on it, it looks crazy awesome. Im gonna try to take the mandatory test to join the geisterjager sniper corps.

DFSniper 03-22-2008 08:57 AM

i'll make it one of these years. its on my list of things to do before i die.

oldironmudder 03-22-2008 09:24 AM

When is it this year?

SpyderMan723 03-22-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldironmudder (Post 190226)
When is it this year?

like june 9th-15th?

SpyderMan723 03-22-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by interceptorMR2 (Post 190218)
I really want to go to this, it looks epic. I am in desperate need of money for this though, i live in oregon so its the 70 buck unit registration plus the couple hundred or so for the plane ticket there... What unit are you going to join if you go? I saw a bunch of vids on it, it looks crazy awesome. Im gonna try to take the mandatory test to join the geisterjager sniper corps.

I'd prolly join the British Royal Marines.Only because I've got all my SAS gear :cool:

And I donno about the whole plane ride thing, would they let you on with all the paintball gear? You know how it is now-a-days...:(

DFSniper 03-22-2008 10:44 AM

as long as its in your suitcase and the tank reg is removed, you shouldnt have a problem

interceptorMR2 03-22-2008 10:54 AM

yeah those dates sound right. I'm gonna go all out if I make it onto the sniper corps, I might get a ghillie, but Ill probably just get a few camo patches and use real foliage. Im gonna buy one of cushman paintball's M35 hemets, and a helmet cover for it. Im obsessed with this stuff. Im not so sure if i want to be in the sniper corps though, I have an apex which is great for longshots, but I sort of want to be an infantryman for the rush. plus i get to use full auto :D

interceptorMR2 03-22-2008 12:05 PM

hold on wait, is d-day one of those all day all night kind of scenario games where its non stop or is it something different?

DFSniper 03-22-2008 12:46 PM

i dont think its all night, but they play for like 12+ hours a day.

as for the sniper training, IIRC there was an APG article and it said that DDay snipers dont actually have to hit their targets, they just point them out to the ref who calls them out. but that was a few years back, so it may have changed.