Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Member Reviews (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   AV Black Market / Black Box Paint (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15379)

DonF 02-11-2008 09:40 AM

AV Black Market / Black Box Paint

I just got two cases of Action Village Black Box Paintballs last week..

"Black Market Black Box paint offers the perfect choice of team grade paint for players who demand premium quality at an affordable price. Black Market paint is the natural choice for the style of play discerning players demand"
Sounds great! Problem is its not true!

The boxes came very will packaged with plenty of padding and there were no breaks during shipment.
The paint was flat spotted, every ball in both cases. Most had very small flat spots / a few large. The paint also has medium to large seams. I contacted AV to ask about quality concerns and they basically ignored my questions, told me to set the bags out under heat, etc.. but they did reminded me that paint is non-returnable and that there was nothing they would do!

Paint breaks well but lacks the accuracy of other medium priced paint even when match to the bore. When qualifying accuracy - I'm comparing it to DXS and RPS medium grade paint shot on the same day (Snagged from my friends) and bore matched to size with a longbow barrel system. Shot for long distances across a d-day field.

Bottom line is this is a low/mid grade paint even without the flat spots. The medium grade price is a bit high for the quality. I would say its white box generic paint quality with a black box and some hype. The old saying is you get what you pay for, but in this case it didn't even measure up against paint in the same price category.

DonF 02-11-2008 09:59 AM

Re: AV Black Market / Black Box Paint

"Hello Don,

Paintballs are inspected by the manufacturer for quality control purposes. When we recieve them in our warehouse we do not open any of the items we carry. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee any shipments of paint, and we cannot anticipate when we get a bad batch of paint from the manufacturer."

This was ActionVillages last reponse.....

ross * pilot 02-11-2008 12:22 PM

Another reason why i buy from my local store only.

DonF 02-11-2008 09:34 PM

Smart! I learned that lesson too...

battlechaser 02-12-2008 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonF (Post 183190)
"Hello Don,

Paintballs are inspected by the manufacturer for quality control purposes. When we recieve them in our warehouse we do not open any of the items we carry. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee any shipments of paint, and we cannot anticipate when we get a bad batch of paint from the manufacturer."

This was ActionVillages last reponse.....

Heh, if you refuse to back your own product, you have to know there's a problem with it. Most likely they bought a ton of it and haven't been able to move any, so they're just selling what's sitting on skids in the warehouse for god knows how long. Thanks, not that I'd buy my paint from AV (I live in Canada, shipping would be horrendous, like most things from AV already are.) it's good to know.