Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Ok guys a little help here!!!!!! (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1398)

metalalien 02-10-2006 10:49 PM

Ok guys a little help here!!!!!!

Sup fellow paintballerz.

I too own a beginners XTRA....

recently I added a 14'' custom products barrell....and an ESP spyder rocker trigger.....now does anybody have any suggestions on like hoppers or something, to make my paintballin experience even better......also a good tip on paintballs would be awesome. THanks guys....see you on the field!!!

bigred76 02-10-2006 11:37 PM

Re: Ok guys a little help here!!!!!!

With a Rocking Trigger on the marker I'd sugest either a HaloB/ReloaderB or an eVLution 2 with a Z-board. These hoppers all feed fast enough to keep up with your trigger (unless you're really fast!) so you wont have any chops at all.

I personally go for a case of GAP (Great American Paintballs) when I go playing because they're the most bang for buck at my local shop. If you have a shop with a wide variety of paint, I'd try out a case of RPS Premiums and see how you like them, or one of RPS's cheaper paints. Find one that fits your budget, and then switch colors of fill and shell until you get the one you like. ;) Just the brand of paint I like, but Draxxus and Diablo have several good paints for low prices as well. It all depends on what's available at your store.

vikingshadow 02-11-2006 03:43 AM

Since you asked for suggestions on stuff....

1. Reloader B, Halo of Zeggy (like bigred said.)
2. HPA (if you can get it refilled conveniently.)
3. Aftermarket regulator.
4. Anti chop bolt.

I think those would cover the primary things that would help make your paintball life a bit easier.

shunut 02-11-2006 03:59 AM

I agree that with the rocking trigger frame you should go with a Halo B or Reloader B. However the stock Spyder detents might not like the force feed of those loaders so when and if you do get one of those loaders also look into some Kila magnetic detents.

metalalien 02-11-2006 09:06 AM

I also forgot that I got an ANTI CHOP BOLT aswell......now.....Another thing!.......WHAT CAN I DO TO IMPROVE ACCURACY ON THE GUN?????.....OTHER THAN BUYING BAD ASS PAINTBALLS??????

bigred76 02-11-2006 09:12 AM

You can get a new barrel. I personally would sugest a CP 1 Peice, Smart Parts Teardrop, or J&J Ceramic.

I personally use a large bore barrel so I don't have any troubles at all with the ball's bore size, about a .691 bore in my CP, but if you only use one bore of paint then get the bore above that to make sure you have some wiggle room for an odd ball. Now, some barrel, like the Teardrop I listed, are one bore (.691) and you wont have to worry about what bore size they are because they will work with most balls.

For length, nothing longer than 14", nothing shorter than 12". I use 14" because I feel the 12" is too short, but the performance difference is so minute that you should go for the size that you feel comfortable dealing with.

ooglieboogliebob 02-11-2006 10:42 AM

yep, All those barrels that bigred mentioned are great and the size of the barrel is all just personal preference, i prefer 12" since any longer it's usually just a hassle ... but anything shorter ... is not good :) ... but it's really all up to you

You could also probably change to HPA for a consistency of shots, thus allowing your paintballs to travel straighter...

Besides that if you want you can convert to a LP system which would be a bit of money ...

vikingshadow 02-11-2006 10:45 AM

Practice, practice, practice. Biggest thing for accuracy.

druid 02-11-2006 01:48 PM

accuracy encompasses several aspects.....
1. your steadyness while shooting
2. paint-to-bore match.
3. air source regulated to a more consistant psi at the velocity you choose
4. grade of paintball used
5. HPA vs CO2

1 is self explanitory
2 means the paintball diameter needs to match the bore of the barrel - too big and it gets stuck, causing barrel breaks...too small and the air escapes around the paintball before it leaves the barrel causing it to drop or 'wing' (arc left or right)
3 means a good in-line reg will make your air hit the paintball at (roughly) the same psi every time...making it more consistant
4 means the cheaper the paint, the less consistant the paintball is to the others in the bag, the more 'oval' balls you may find, thin or brittle shells...just lesser quality paint.
5 means HPA is more consistant than CO2, simply by the nature of the gases. CO2 is a frozen liquid when under pressure and air isn't. CO2 has to expand into gas to work the marker and has pressure spikes because of it (among other reasons). Using HPA can eliminate spike issues...which create velocity problems, which can affect accuracy.

Angel69 02-12-2006 01:58 PM

i also was looking into a hopper... is eggy any good or should i just get like a halo ( i have a pilot tho:D )