Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Accessories & Add-Ons (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Smart Parts Tactical Barrel (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13898)

pballer13 11-20-2007 01:07 PM

Smart Parts Tactical Barrel

I am looking into a 16" or 20" Smart Parts tactical barrel for my MR1. Before you all yell at me for even thinking 20", my friend just got a 20" barrel and it works pretty well. Im just wondering if anybody has experience with either of these barrels and if it performs well.

pb34 11-20-2007 08:30 PM

Re: Smart Parts Tactical Barrel

Well, I know you said not to yell at you, so I'll say it calmly. I would stick with a 14" barrel. Personally, I think anything longer than that is a waste of gas and isn't improving your accuracy enough to make it worth it. It also makes it more of a hassel when your on the move.

As for experience with the SP Tactical I have none, so hopefully someone else can help you there.

TXTeague 11-21-2007 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb34
Well, I know you said not to yell at you, so I'll say it calmly. I would stick with a 14" barrel. Personally, I think anything longer than that is a waste of gas and isn't improving your accuracy enough to make it worth it. It also makes it more of a hassel when your on the move.

As for experience with the SP Tactical I have none, so hopefully someone else can help you there.

I agree totally. Unless you are a sniper then it will make it harder to move around cover and staying tight while doing it.

pballer13 11-21-2007 12:12 PM

Im not really a sniper, but im not one of the guys up front pressing the attack either. im kinda in between. I pick my shots carefully until i see an opening and then ill go on the offensive.

And by the way, I meant to say that the 16" barrel is actually 14". The front 2" are flash suppressor and dont come in contact with the ball.

spray and pray 11-23-2007 05:07 AM

don't get that. Save up for a barrel kit like a hammerhead. You will be amazed at the accuracy difference.

Kenny_McCormic 11-23-2007 06:56 AM

20" barrels are only good for 2 things, scaring the **** out of noobs and scaring the **** out of the guy at the filll station.

SupaSnipa 11-23-2007 07:21 AM

:yeahthat:

Varent212 01-17-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny_McCormic
20" barrels are only good for 2 things, scaring the **** out of noobs and scaring the **** out of the guy at the filll station.

this is the first time someone has actually said what i have always said. you da man. props to you. anything over 16" is a total waste. doesnt help with accuracy and wastes co2. get a good barrel that is 16" at the most. dont waste your money on anything more. or you are doing that exactly, wasting your money.

Dalenator31 04-30-2009 05:31 PM

The SP Tac Barrel is really light. Well, to me it is.

bigred76 04-30-2009 05:44 PM

Grab and hold a Stiffi in one hand (the CF barrel, you sick minded fools!) and your 20" in the other. You'll feel the weight difference right away.