Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Paintball Topics (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   help buying a truck (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20011)

~shocktheman~ 05-11-2009 09:45 PM

help buying a truck

Hey all. Recently I've been looking for a medium sized truck particularly a Chevy 1500, but I wanted to know if anyone had any input on any other make of trucks because I've only ever driven Chevy, also because of everything going on with the auto industry is there anything I should consider there? Thanks guys

buffblackbird2002 05-11-2009 09:49 PM

Re: help buying a truck

well dodge has the unlimited powertrain warranty. and they are sellin for cheap right now. thats on the rams and dakotas and from what i know those are pretty stout trucks

~shocktheman~ 05-11-2009 09:52 PM

hmmm that sparks interest. I'm looking for a used vehicle though, and I imagine that the warranty wouldn't carry over to the second owner, do you think?

jxs081 05-12-2009 02:28 AM

if you buy the used truck from the dealer it will transfer to you ask the dealer

Hoppy11 05-12-2009 05:25 AM

The new Rams are very nice trucks. Boating magazine reviewed them and they said it was one of the best trucks they have every towed with. I forget what about they were towing but it was like a 28ft Center Counsel so it was a pretty heavy load. If you are buying new really there is no bad option. The new F150's are very nice and I am a Chevy guy too so I would be partial to them but I would defiantly shop around right now.

Like they said above if its used and the warranty is still effective if should transfer to you through the dealer. If buying used I would defiantly look Chevy GMC or Ford. Dodges just don't do it for me until this past year.

TheDarkShadow 05-12-2009 01:53 PM

I'm a Chevy guy, I say go with Chevy, 350's are awsome

xsvly-fat 05-12-2009 03:25 PM

I got a Chevy S10 and I like it alot, smaller then what your looking for but it's really good on gas. The only truck I wouldn't get is a Ford, alot of them have problems -well most of the people I know that have them have some problems.

colonel_moo 05-12-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsvly-fat (Post 239180)
I got a Chevy S10 and I like it alot, smaller then what your looking for but it's really good on gas. The only truck I wouldn't get is a Ford, alot of them have problems -well most of the people I know that have them have some problems.

I agree. My family has had nothing but problems with Fords. Both the expedition and explorer had powertrain problems, but our Suburban that we've had since '02 has only had minor problems (it'll happen). I've never owned/driven a dodge, so I can't input on that, but I'd say go chevy.

xsvly-fat 05-12-2009 08:38 PM

I've never been in a Dodge truck but the Chargers are very nice. The only Fords that don't really have problems are Mustangs.

RSX99 05-12-2009 09:15 PM

I've a 2000 Crown Vic, 2008 Edge and a 2008 GT500. Come from a Ford family. Only issue I've had with any Ford I've had is the front suspension is starting to fail on my Vic.

I really like the new Rams but Dodge is known for having problematic transmissions. With the new limited lifetime warranty it might be worth it to buy one in the current economic climate.

I think the new 150 is ok. Not a fan of the rear end. The interior was the nicest of the big 3 IMO.