Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Paintball Topics (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Any other hobbies? (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13938)

vikingshadow 11-23-2007 04:52 PM

Any other hobbies?

Well, I just inherited a (supposedly) 40 gallon aquarium that was leaking a bit. I've had fish almost my whole life, so the teacher just gave me the tank, along with the filter, gravel, plant, and everything else along with some fish. Unfortunately, the leak was bigger than I thought so I had to totally remove the bottom glass and redo it. I won't be able to test it until Sunday, so cross your fingers! Anyway, I've always had fish tanks around my house and in my classrooms, or in my various offices throughout my life, so what's one more tank, huh? Oh, and the tank turned out to be a 30 gallon tank instead, but it's still big!

Anyway, it seems that I'm trying to fill my life with extra hobbies. Lately, I've taken up RC Airplanes. Been practicing on a GWS FMS flight simulator and looking to save a bit of my for a Hobbyzone Super Cub Trainer soon. Pretty cool stuff! I have an Estes ROG Flight trainer, that's really just a toy that's two channel, but it's still fun.

Add to that paintball, golf, playing video games, reading, writing and internet surfing, collecting baseball cards and comic books (I know, I've done it for years, though!) another hobby is all I need! So, what extra hobbies do you guys have?

VS3 Sniper 11-23-2007 04:57 PM

Re: Any other hobbies?

I enjoy skateboarding, snowboarding, being a gun whore :), playing video games, reading, and playing golf. Thats about all I can think of right now but I'm sure there are more.

oldironmudder 11-23-2007 04:58 PM

1973-1979 Ford trucks & 1978-1979- Broncos 4 trucks & 1 Bronco plus my '90 model.

Paintball, model cars/trucks, turning wrenchs(current job), making random stuff, board games (Axis & Allies), hunting....... theres more but I cant think of all of them.

marvin-martian 11-23-2007 05:00 PM

i enjoy the occasional pillaging

The Pumper 11-23-2007 05:03 PM

Beer pong is my only hobby. I'm a paintball wannabe. :dodgy:
:p

I dont have too many hobbies. I like to play videogames, pb, hacky sack is pretty big in my life although im a fatty. I'm a decent hackysack'er :p

kidonfire 11-23-2007 05:17 PM

paintball, RC planes/helicopters, video games (mainly Guitar Hero), Bass, pool, ping-pong, and football.
I'm really good at lazing around the house and wathching TV to. :)

DFSniper 11-23-2007 05:17 PM

eh, with no money and no way to get around, i dont do much. i used to skateboard a lot, play a lot of video games (FPS, RTS, need for speed, RPG, final fantasy), and i used to be big on legos. right now i want to go hunting, but probably wont happen this year. i love CARS!!!! mostly older muscle cars and some exotics, but im starting to like tuners more and more. i wish i had the mechanical know-how to work on em... i play guitar or bass occasionally but im not really into it. i spend most of my time messing with paintball stuff or listening to music. i would die without my tunes... i keep my stereo and/or my windows media player on at all times.

paintballkid0206 11-23-2007 05:25 PM

ok here we go. there's hunting, fishing, football, track, baseball, track, soccer, wrestling, woodburning, taking stuff apart, videogames, talking on the phone, listening to music, and gawking at older dodge chargers (lol). i'm a pretty busy guy. add homework including 3 advanced classes and you've got a kid that has his hands full.

Critical 11-23-2007 05:31 PM

Does staring at women count as a hobby?

Hoppy11 11-23-2007 06:25 PM

I absolutely live and breath slalom skiing. Also really love golf, snowboarding, down hill skiing, wakesurfing, and snowmobiling. Basically just summed up my life except for school... and girls.