Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Electronic Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   pls help me pick electra 08, ION xe or proto SLG? (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17910)

maniak360 08-01-2008 07:09 PM

pls help me pick electra 08, ION xe or proto SLG?

I need help choosing one?
i have a friend that have the ion xe, is really quiet and accurate. my other friend have the pilot 08, is not that quiet as the ion but is more quiet as olders spyder guns but is a nice gun. I compare it with the electra an electra have some few upgrade more than pilot. And electra is more stylus than Pilot. for last the proto slg look nice and the specs era not that bad. Right now I dont have any friends that have a SLG, so I dont know nothing about proto and my friends does not have this marker.

Need help? with one is better and why? or why I would buy that gun?
Thanks for all of you ppl that help me in my decision!!! THANKS

Modded-Like-Hell 08-01-2008 07:24 PM

Re: pls help me pick electra 08, ION xe or proto SLG?

ok let me go by saying that ive own a bunch of spyders and they are good to an extent but you will end up modding them to what other markers come with already and spend more money in the process. i have a 1st generation ion and i like it more then some of the spyders ive own. the only difference from the 1st gen ion and the 2nd gen ion xe is that the bolt comes out from the back and you dont have to take the whole thing apart other that its a good gun my friends little brother has an SLG which is a good entry level gun too, the only thing it has on the XE is that you are able to walk the trigger faster that the stock ion with a stock board. on top that both have eyes. its up to you. feel your friends guns and shoot them a few times then make your decision

xsvly-fat 08-01-2008 08:09 PM

If you get the Ion you'd have to upgrade it and then if you ever sell it you wont get half as much as you would like for it. I've never used the Electra but they look pretty good. I have an SLG and theirs a few things I don't like about it, it kicks alot, the stock feedneck is crap, and the stock trigger isn't my favorite but its not that bad, I like the feel of the Hyper 3 and it doesn't shoot that bad. Out of those choices I'd have to say the SLG would be the best

TheDarkShadow 08-02-2008 05:33 AM

SLG FTW! imo

Modded-Like-Hell 08-02-2008 05:38 AM

Slg

maniak360 08-02-2008 05:42 AM

I have read reviews about the SLG, and it came with some factory issues.

maniak360 08-02-2008 05:44 AM

all guns need upgrades, (thats live).

xsvly-fat 08-02-2008 10:05 AM

I've heard that some people have issuse with them but I haven't had any problem with mine

TheDarkShadow 08-02-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maniak360 (Post 212697)
I have read reviews about the SLG, and it came with some factory issues.

what? roll back? send the bolt to dye and they will get you a new bolt

SUNNYboi 08-03-2008 03:14 PM

With the price for a new SLG you can get a used UL'ed PMR. I got the PMR and never looked back at a SLG.