Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Discontinued Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   how long do i leave the acs bolt when using drawer break in? (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20460)

zombie 08-17-2009 02:16 PM

how long do i leave the acs bolt when using drawer break in?

i just received the acp terminus bot in the mail and im using the drawer/desser break in. similar to oldironmudder's acs break in guide. it doesnt say how long i leave it compressed in the drawer/desser, so does anyone know how many hours i leave it like that?

DFSniper 08-17-2009 03:05 PM

Re: how long do i leave the acs bolt when using drawer break in?

a week

zombie 08-17-2009 03:20 PM

thank you for letting me know. i thought it was just 1 day.

DFSniper 08-17-2009 03:25 PM

no. i left my sister's bolt rubber-banded together for 2-3 days, then manually compressed it for about 2 hours, and it still chopped a bit at the field.

oldironmudder 08-17-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombie (Post 244586)
i just received the acp terminus bot in the mail and im using the drawer/desser break in. similar to oldironmudder's acs break in guide. it doesnt say how long i leave it compressed in the drawer/desser, so does anyone know how many hours i leave it like that?

OMG, someone used something I posted!!! A week would be a good start. If it still chops or doesnt recock put it back in there for a few more days.

zombie 08-17-2009 05:16 PM

thank you for the response DFSniper and oldironmudder. now i play the waiting game. sucks that by the time the bolt is ready im going back to school.:(

oldironmudder 08-18-2009 09:06 AM

NP.

Do me a favor? Let me know how it works out. That is the same design I came up with back in high school (2002-2003 time frame) but never had the money to get made. Bandit Bolts tried to make it but from what I heard never happened & now ACP is turning them.

DFSniper 08-18-2009 09:16 AM

whats the difference between the ACS and Terminus? and wasnt the JAM bolt the exact same design?

zombie 08-18-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFSniper (Post 244628)
whats the difference between the ACS and Terminus? and wasnt the JAM bolt the exact same design?

correct me if im wrong, but i think the terminus bolt is an ACS with two o-rings for better efficiency.

OneShotKill 08-18-2009 04:41 PM

theyre basically 2 different designs of the same thing...and the terminus have o-rings