Spyder Forums

Spyder Forums (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/index.php)
-   Electronic Markers (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Upgrading my Pilot (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=854)

homerj109 01-16-2006 08:02 PM

Upgrading my Pilot

I have a pilot acs and am thinking of upgrading it, so I need some advice.

I am thinking of going with N2 and getting a regulator and a barrel, then later on a tboard.

Anyone have a similar setup? How is the performance?

Any links and advice would be appreciated as I dont really know where to start.

Thanks.

bamf-hacker 01-17-2006 04:47 AM

Re: Upgrading my Pilot

the first place you should go is to Otter's site and read up. There are a lot of upgrade tips there.

Here is a link

bible

Then come back here and post up your questions.

HacKeR

ricochet08 01-17-2006 09:21 AM

hmmm...well i say get a fast hopper 1st. ur pilot shoots 20bps right?
do u already have a clamping feedneck? if not, definitely pick one up.

like hacker said though, go to otter's site and u won't b disappointed...well...i no i wasn't :p

bring back as many questions as u can :) not sure i wanna say that...but yea lol

homerj109 01-17-2006 12:57 PM

I have been reading everything I can find on that site.

I learned allot, but wanted some input from people who have actually upgraded their pilots.

Plus I dont think he has mentioned any of the E-markers, hopefully all the advice he gives also pertain to spyder e-markers.

But just to be sure I wanted to see if anyone here has any tricked out pilots.

I already have an electric hopper and am planning to get a new barrel. So what I have in mind are N2 systems, regulators, boards, and that sort of thing.

Thanks.

ZeroGeo 01-18-2006 12:49 AM

I went with an Evil Detonator Reg (ActionVillage $49.95) New Dezigns HD Valve (ActionVillage $22.95) Macroline (Local shop $2.00) Trinity 05 Spyder Front Block Reverse w/LPR and Gauge (ActionVillage $39.95), and a PhyscoBallastics Drop Forward with on/off (29.95 local shop) There are new body kits avaliable, Pictures are at http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=793

I just named the biggies to mine but the full list is on that thread. Good Luck

bamf-hacker 01-18-2006 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homerj109
Plus I dont think he has mentioned any of the E-markers, hopefully all the advice he gives also pertain to spyder e-markers.

homer,

almost all Spyders are the same. So upgrades for a mech Spyder would pretty much be the same on an e-Spyder, minus of course getting an e-frame.

If you have no budget then you can upgrade like crazy... A regulator, new barrel, a feedneck, new ASA, HPA and even go low pressure.

The sky is the limit with your Pilot!!

Have fun upgrading and if you do have a budget let us know and we can give you more advise.

HacKeR

PyroPengwin 01-18-2006 07:06 AM

hey i dont think u all no me, i just registered and i was wondering i am

getting a pilot and i dont no wut to upgrade, my barrel or get an acs, i

figured this would be the place to ask, thanks ttyl

homerj109 01-18-2006 01:19 PM

Thanks all.

Right now I am thinking of getting a micro flow regulator that comes with a N2 tank, Halo hopper, ceramic barrel, and maybe in the future a tboard and eyes.

FullMetal 01-18-2006 03:20 PM

If your planing on getting the T-board go ahead and plan for it, like when buy a regulator make sure if recharges fast so you can shoot fast, get something like the Palmer Stabilizer works w/ HPA or CO2. An assault block would also be good keeps air ready for firing and last but no least a CIP sweet spot trigger, better for walking.

bigred76 01-18-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homerj109
...I am thinking of getting a micro flow regulator that comes with a N2 tank...

I don't know where you'd find one of those...:confused: A Torpedo regulator IMO is one of the best for a Spyder. They have never let me down with CO2 or HPA, and they're cost effective. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyroPengwin
hey i dont think u all no me, i just registered and i was wondering i am

getting a pilot and i dont no wut to upgrade, my barrel or get an acs, i

figured this would be the place to ask, thanks ttyl

Yep, this is the place to ask. :) I would get a barrel first. A nice 12-14" would do you wonders, as for brand I would look at either Smart Parts Teardrops or CP One Peices. They run about $30-35 used and shipped to your door. ;)