PDA

View Full Version : My Spyder Electra wont cock plz help

Paintball noob
03-22-2007, 03:12 PM
I came home from paint ball and tryed to clean my gun by taking the velocity thing off then puttin it all back in when it shot across the room:) .
After that when i tryed to cock it and for some reason it doesn't stay back.
Why and how can i fix this?
If it's not working because i put it back in rong ill tell you how i have it.......
From back to front it goes blue velocity nob thing , metal circle thing , black plastic thing (that kinda looks like a big screw ) and around the black thing is the spring.

PS:lost manuel:mad:

shunut
03-22-2007, 09:12 PM
All the Spyder manuals are available online:

http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/diagrams_manuals.html

If it still doesn't work after reassembling it according to the diagram let us know

bamf-hacker
03-23-2007, 05:02 AM
You are missing the striker buffer. Big round o-ring looking disk. Search your room and do like Shunut said look at the manual.

Paintball noob
03-23-2007, 12:04 PM
ok thanks alot guys ill look for that disk and if i dont see it ill check the manuel.
by the way i hope when u say that disk u dont mean the metal little circle "disk" thing i already have.

pb34
03-23-2007, 12:15 PM
ok thanks alot guys ill look for that disk and if i dont see it ill check the manuel.
by the way i hope when u say that disk u dont mean the metal little circle "disk" thing i already have.

No, he means something that looks like a big fat o-ring. It goes around the spring. It is called the striker buffer and goes behind the striker.

shunut
03-23-2007, 12:15 PM
No, there is a thick rubber washer type thing, that is what he is referring to.

Paintball noob
03-24-2007, 06:34 PM
ok thanx guys i missing that ill look into it now.

kidonfire
03-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Its probably your striker buffer, but also make sure your trigger frame was on securely. It could be that the sear is not catching the hammer.

Paintball noob
03-25-2007, 01:51 PM
its not the striker buffer i was taking one from my other gun to put into my electra and saw i already had it , kidonfire previously i was having trouble with the trigger frame coming loose but i tightend it, and i really am a "Paintball Noob" so could u tell me more about your last sentence? Whats a sear and a hammer?

Paintball noob
03-25-2007, 02:02 PM
(for some information to help u help me......hopfully it means somthing)i just learned that when i have it on and i pull it back it still wont stay but after i try to cock it and pull the trigger it makes a click noise like it would if i did the same thing when it worked but it only occures once per time i try to cock it.
and so u guys know i realy appreciate your help with this.

kidonfire
03-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Whats a sear and a hammer?

The hammer is also called the striker. when you fire the gun it hits the valve pin which lets air in propelling the paintball. When you take the trigger frame off, the sear is the part that sticks up out of the frame. It catches the hammer and keeps it from firing until you pull the trigger.

Here's a great explanation that OtterSC has on his site.

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/works.html