PDA

View Full Version : LP help

Pwgsx
03-22-2007, 02:23 PM
I cant seem to get my new pilot under the 370 mark. I have tried all different spring combo's but nothing seems to lower my psi. I have a Light valve and Med Main right now and that seems to be the lowest I can get.

I have a Palmer Reg, 32 degree valve and pin, I opened up the holes on the vertical adapter. I dont know what else to do.......

Sandman_Bravo
03-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Try the medium valve spring.

Pwgsx
03-22-2007, 02:58 PM
nope, thats actually worse

Pwgsx
03-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Whats the best Valve to buy, I have a 32 degree one but that could be the only problem that I can see........any thoughts ;)

shunut
03-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Its probably your VA. I opened up my VA as much as I could, even to the point that it leaked from the mounting screw hole because I drilled into that and still couldn't get my marker down below 400 psi. Try an aftermarker VA.

Pwgsx
03-22-2007, 10:16 PM
speaking of that, I did, and i even had the airsmith drill it out, I got home and even opened it up more, not thinking I took too much out of where the volumizer screws in and was leaking from the threads, I taped it up and put on some putty on those threads and its good to go. It help a bit but not a big difference.

Im thinking its the valve?? Its the only thing thats not really that great, I read that the 32 degree valve is not good.....any thoughts, I was looking at a Madman Rocket Valve for Spyder ;)

thanks for the ideas so far.....

shunut
03-22-2007, 10:25 PM
The Maddman Valve is nice, that what I had in my TLX. However even with the Maddman and my stock VA drilled out, I couldn't go lower than about 350 psi. Once I got an aftermarket VA, I dropped to 240psi @ 285 fps, consistently.

Also, remember that just because you go lower, doesn't mean its necessarily better. You need to find the pressure that your marker performs the best. Good performance means its consistent, your velocity stays +/-5 and you are getting good efficiency.

Sandman_Bravo
03-23-2007, 03:35 AM
:yeahthat: I think a lot of people get hung up on the 200 or lower mark like it's the magic number. My pilot works best at 325, although I can go lower, it's at the loss of accuracy and efficiency. An o-ring bolt really helps when tuning LP as well, a lot of wasted gas is lost there.

bamf-hacker
03-23-2007, 05:46 AM
AKA Tornado Valve is a good LP High flow valve for Spyders. The nice thing is you don't need to modify the valve stem.

I used that in my LP Rodeo and got it down to 250psi @ 285fps and it was consistent. I could have gone much lower but sacrificing consistency.

Look at the Spyder Bible www.ottersccustoms.com and you will see the best products for a LP Spyder.

Pwgsx
03-23-2007, 07:41 AM
so heres what im thinking......... AKA Valve or Madmans , do you not change the springs on the madmans??

I wouldnt mind a better bolt w/ orings but want a anti-chop one?? Is there one??

I have the AKA Lightning bolt but its not nylon, is it ok to use?? Also, it only has one grove on it for the balll detent, do I need to mod the other side too??