PDA

View Full Version : MR3 Detents

Scipio
03-22-2007, 07:20 AM
I am trying to get my MR3 to work with the Q Loader system and I am having some difficulties. It has been suggested that stronger detents may solve my problems. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer that makes stronger detents for the MR3?
Thanks in advance.

ViperX
03-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Try using Bob Long Intimidator detents. Also known as "Timmy" detents. You can usually get a package of two for like $5 depending on where you get them at any online paintball store.

Also on Ebay they have a 10pk priced from $13.99 + $2.00 shipping and up.

I'll be getting a 10 pack myself soon, I already bought a 2 pack and it doesn't hurt to have extras because they will wear out over time and use with any pressure/spring loaded feed system like the q-loader.

P.s. The timmy detents are stronger than the stock spyder detents and will prevent double feeds and ball chopping at the feedneck. The weaker stock detents allow the balls to either get pushed down and past the detent causing more than one ball to exit with every fire or the balls do not settle correctly and cause one ball to partially enter the chamber when the bolt returns during rapid firing and chops the ball at the feedneck. Are those the problems you are experiencing? Also I hear you have to get the spring tension on the q-loader adjusted correctly so it feeds at the correct rate.

Scipio
03-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks ViperX! I'll give them a try.

tygger91
03-22-2007, 06:33 PM
You can always try the cheap mans way as well.

Take some super glue and give the detent a thin layer of it.

It fixed my problems...

But if I was asble to dish out the 16 bucks I would.

Try it, may save you some money

Scipio
03-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Thanks Tygger. I may have to do that until I find some.

Scipio
03-23-2007, 01:04 PM
I installed hard Timmy detents in my MR3 today. They seem to have done the trick! Thanks for the advice Viper.

FYI, Timmy detents come either soft or hard. From now on, I'll stick to using the hard ones.