PDA

View Full Version : Pilot chopping

Raiderz628
03-21-2007, 07:05 PM
I am new to paintball but I have a pilot and bought a Tiller 21 in barrel the first time I took it out it chopped pretty bad. I tried it again and lowered the air and it didn't seem to chop. I am using proto and impact paintballs.
Does the air pressure make any differance in chopping on a longer barrel?
Also should you use a silcone spray on the gun.
thanks

Sandman_Bravo
03-22-2007, 01:54 AM
-no silicone. Are you getting barrel breaks or breech chops?

shunut
03-22-2007, 06:10 AM
:yeahthat:

Your barrel is HUGE. The first think I would do is get rid of it. It is doing you no good. Having a long barrel does not help you accuracy, it just wastes air. Get rid of it and get a new barrel no bigger that 16".

STRIKEFIRST
03-22-2007, 11:36 AM
:yeahthat:

Your barrel is HUGE. The first think I would do is get rid of it. It is doing you no good. Having a long barrel does not help you accuracy, it just wastes air. Get rid of it and get a new barrel no bigger that 16".

I had a Taso Vindicator (That's a pump from back in the day for you youngsters) With a 20 inch barrel and a 6 inch silencer on top of that (Yes silencers were legal once.)...

Trust me you you don't need to shoot anyone...you can scare em out with that barrel!

Raiderz628
03-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks What do you think about the Spyder Fasta hoppers would that hook up good with a Pilot

Raiderz628
03-22-2007, 02:26 PM
The balls were breaking into the hopper I switched hopper twice before I went back to my 14 in barrell

Sandman_Bravo
03-22-2007, 04:26 PM
hopper blowback can be resolved. What are you chronoing at? If you are close to or over 300 fps, then turning down the velocity will also help with "popcorning" in the hopper. If you are unfamiliar with adjusting velocity; turning the knob in(clockwise) increases velocity, and vice-versa. Here are some Kingman tutorial links also:
http://www.kingman.com/section/support/videos/videos.html
Good luck.