PDA

View Full Version : What is best

Raiderz628
03-21-2007, 06:57 PM
I have a Pilot and am wanting something more accurate with good range I play outdoors and 40 years old and don't feel like running to much what does everybody think. I am thinking in the 300.00 range.

VS3 Sniper
03-21-2007, 07:51 PM
I love my dm4 or u could upgrade ur pilot alot.

Scipio
03-24-2007, 06:05 PM
If you are looking for additional range try out a BT Apex barrel. They take a little getting used to, but they do add range. BT makes them for several different manufacturers of markers.

Accuracy is a little more difficult to address. I use strictly high-pressure markers but I think the low-pressure markers are usually a little bit more accurate. They can also be more difficult to maintain than a Tippmann or a Spyder, though. A popular low-pressure marker in your price range is the Smart Parts Ion. If you are a woodsball player you may want to blow the lock off the wallet and go with a Smart Parts SP8.

One other approach to improved accuracy is to use a regulator. Consistent pressure from shot to shot will improve your accuracy. If you use a high pressure marker with CO2, I recommend the Palmer Pursuit Shop Stabilizer Regulator.

BTW, I'm older than you. I play almost every weekend during good weather. I use a Spyder MR3 and a PCS US5 with a Palmer stabilizer. I also have a BT Apex that fits both markers.

Good luck with whatever you decide to get!

Ace24
03-30-2007, 06:57 AM
A popular low-pressure marker in your price range is the Smart Parts Ion. If you are a woodsball player you may want to blow the lock off the wallet and go with a Smart Parts SP8.

An ION is and SP8. The SP8 is a heavier shell with an ION core inside. There is no difference except for apperance. Just go with an ION and upgrade the barrel, feedneck, and ASA and your set. Lots of people like to upgrade the triggers, as do I because of the crappy quality of stock triggers.

vikingshadow
03-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Well, here's the problem. If you go with a gun like an Ion or "higher" level, you'll need HPA instead of Co2 - sure, you can use Co2 on the Ion, but I HIGHLY don't recommend it. So, for the 200+ price tag, you'll need to drop some cash on a HPA tank (steely or CF wrapped which is more expensive, but highly worth it.) The cost of fills are approx to Co2, but if you aren't careful, the Co2 will hurt your internals on this level of gun.

I'm 41, and I play with a Proto Matrix Rail. I played with a Shocker prior to this and I still have it, but not nearly as much used these days. I don't like to move nearly as much as I used to although I still love speedball, but both these guns (or any of the ones coming out this year) can really lay down paint like never before for a really low price - about 400.00. The Rail, the Fusion, the Mini, the Epiphany (saw one in person last week and it shot pretty well, but it's sort of weird looking. It's an upgraded Ion, basically, with a few other goodies involved) all fall in that range and can roll with most anything. You can get shockers, used, for about 350.00 or so. Same with any other "high" end gun that's a year or two old.

Another consideration, as mentioned above, is maintenance. Maintaining these guns is a bit more complicated than the Spyder. So, consider your price range, your gear, then consider how much time you want to dedicate to maintaining the gun, then weight, looks etc. Really, we can't tell you what to buy, you just have to decide on your own.