PDA

View Full Version : How does a Q-Loader work

Crazy Cracka
03-19-2007, 08:15 AM
How do Q-loaders work? The only thing that i really know about them is that they cost a huge chunk of change, and i was just wondering what your paying for?

Critical
03-19-2007, 10:40 AM
A QLoader combines the pod and hopper into one piece. It holds 100 rounds in a spiral loaded tube that is spring loaded, as balls are fired, the spring expands and maintains even, consistant pressure through all 100 rounds. Capable of feeding 30+bps according to advertising.

graphics360
03-19-2007, 10:46 AM
^yep

and youre paying for and amazingly fast and well designed hopper that uses no batteries, and can be mounted out of the way to reduce hopper hits, and provide better sighting since its not in your face while youre playing

its a pretty sweet buy

Ace24
03-19-2007, 02:01 PM
I love mine :) . It does however take some tweaking to get the spring tension right. Otherwise sometimes its too light and doesnt feed properly. But once you figure it out and get it going, its an amazing loading system.

Another advantage it has, is if your in the woods, and your trying to reload a normal hopper with pods, you drop paint, and you cant pick that paint up again because it's gotten dirty. With the Q-loader, you never drop paint in the reloading process. It also takes less time to put a Q-pod in the mount then it does to pull out a normal pod, flip the lid, flip your hopper lid, and pour, then flip the hopper lid closed.

Crazy Cracka
03-19-2007, 02:06 PM
So basically there is a spring pushing balls through the tube into the gun? i dont see how they dont bust of get jamed up in the tube

ViperX
03-19-2007, 03:26 PM
The Q-loader uses a spring inside of a center tube that has a small sprial protruding out of the center tube that guides and pushes the 100 ball string out of the pod. You should really check out their website, they describe hot it works, have plenty of pics and lots of user pics of the system mounted on their marker. I'm going to get the loader asap and ditch my heavy Halo b. Although I'm hesitant about going from 180 down to 100 a hopper, it will just force me to be less wasteful when it comes down to choosing my targets and think it will help give me the discipline to be a better player instead of relying on heavy streams of paint. I think it's a good thing.

Alien
03-19-2007, 04:00 PM
I have bought it recently and I dont know how much prewind I should do on my Qloader . I have an MR2 with T-board .

Glasher
03-19-2007, 07:00 PM
I have bought it recently and I dont know how much prewind I should do on my Qloader . I have an MR2 with T-board .

Same prob either it was not enough or too much it was getting past the detent, I was at a Big Games just this weekend and it didn,T provide me the feeling I needed even if it was low profile and easy reload coudln"'t carry enough paint and one on the loader 5 on my fast was getting real heavy compare to normal pods. If you are willing to put some major time tweaking and finding the right spot(buy the CMS cuz it ewill be easier than gettho tape mounting liek I did) then you could cuz it's really an awesome technologie but liek everything theirs some down points(witch bothers me too much to use it)

graphics360
03-19-2007, 08:48 PM
you can buy a stiffer detent, that might solve youre problem

yea, and tape doens usually work for mounting

Alien
03-20-2007, 05:34 AM
I have the CMS upgrade , the thing I want to know is how many prewinds you guys with the MR2/T-board use .

pbgrandpa
03-20-2007, 05:47 AM
I would start with 9 and go up from there. You should need no more than 12. Make sure you have a timmy dentent.

Alien
03-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Do we need to "unprewind " the spring after each use?

pbgrandpa
03-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Do we need to "unprewind " the spring after each use?No, once you have it set where you want it just leave it be.

Alien
03-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Ok .thx , one last thing that dont concerns the Qloader , what the direct link to buy the M16 carry handle .

TheRogueGnome
03-27-2007, 11:45 AM
great information guys. i appreciate it..i need something to keep up with my trigger..evo or my halo cant..wanna try this but didnt know anyone that had one..

Alien
04-10-2007, 08:34 AM
I have tried my Qloader today . I put the prewind to 8 and I had chop . I try to put it at 6 but after that the spring wouldnt push the balls... Someone have an idea on how to fix this?

graphics360
04-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I would start with 9 and go up from there. You should need no more than 12. Make sure you have a timmy dentent.

theres youre problem, you need a stiff detent b/c the q loader will push the paintballs past the stock one and double feed/chop all lthe time