PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Cup 2007

Kingman-Rep
03-19-2007, 07:55 AM
please go to http://www.spyder.tv/spydercup/index.html

details on how to win a Hummer H2 will be available on the 28th.

durrell
03-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Wow, nice. :thumbup:

STRIKEFIRST
03-19-2007, 08:10 AM
CHI Town is only 6 hours...WOO HOO!

vikingshadow
03-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Isn't this the tournament that Dynasty won back when they first started?

Wish I had the time, the money and the energy for this - it looks cool!

STRIKEFIRST
03-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Steal the time, save the money and the energy will be supplied by adrenaline!

VS3 Sniper
03-22-2007, 10:25 AM
I would love to go to that. It looks awsome.

Zero_webb
03-22-2007, 11:15 AM
I can't wait, hopefully im going to go for the East coast event (PBC Charlotte=2 1/2 hrs. away!)

stylinbeaver
03-22-2007, 02:03 PM
I can't wait, hopefully im going to go for the East coast event (PBC Charlotte=2 1/2 hrs. away!)
45 min. to a hour away!! Might have to look into this

Theheroguy
03-22-2007, 02:40 PM
why? am Iinahalo right now nooo!!! it's free and I know people who would go

Thatoneguy123
03-22-2007, 08:33 PM
I've never done speed ball, only woodsball, but hey, its free i'm going to enter it with my brothers

STRIKEFIRST
03-22-2007, 08:42 PM
free?

shunut
03-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Too bad the Chicago one isn't in July, I'll be there in July. :(

bamf-hacker
03-23-2007, 05:00 AM
Hey Kingman, were is the VA Spyder Cup :)

I want a Hummer (No comments fellas)

TheRedBarron
03-23-2007, 07:15 AM
I want a Hummer (No comments fellas)
heh... goodluck getting one while wearing that mask. (either way...)

bamf-hacker
03-23-2007, 07:21 AM
What did you forget your meds again Barron!

TheRedBarron
03-23-2007, 07:45 AM
My meds? Im not the one that needs a machine to force him to breath... who is the one getting old?

bamf-hacker
03-23-2007, 10:43 AM
you know what Barron, I am tired of your crap. You ruined my other thread and got it closed. You got all the mods in uproar and all you needed to do was take it to PM's or the backroom.

I am so over you and the way you do things Mr. my **** does not stink. So, stop posting, go talk to your wife or do what ever the hell it is you do when you are not here pissing me off.

Sorry Kingman-Rep...

BACK ON TOPIC

TheRedBarron
03-23-2007, 11:12 AM
What the hell is your issue, you come in here after spending weeks away from the forums and think that you can come tell me what to go do? what the hell, go back to your little nerdy job, **** this ****.

shunut
03-23-2007, 11:20 AM
WTF barron, you've been on our case for a while now. Why can't you just let it be and take this off the forum. I can understand why bamf wasn't around very much the past couple months, my mom's company had the same problem with the DST. He apologized, GET OVER IT!

You know I use to respect the hell out of you, not anymore, now that I'm finally seeing the true you.

Backmanshooter
03-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Jesus...Barron just let it go. Grow up, seriously. You talk about you being all goody goody but then you just **** with people.

TheRedBarron
03-23-2007, 11:29 AM
You know what? you are just as disposable as the rest of the people that I have banned today, all you do is ***** about how I run this place, who the hell are you to judge me?

Backmanshooter
03-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Why...I am an American.

TheRedBarron
03-23-2007, 11:32 AM
This is not a democracy.

Backmanshooter
03-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Apparently you've established that...According to you, this is a dictatorship. :rolleyes:

TheRedBarron
03-23-2007, 11:35 AM
No, it is communism, you guys get only what I give you. as far as free speach goes, you arent getting that.

Backmanshooter
03-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh ya..I forgot...cause they are "your" forums right..noone elses but yours...Sounds like a dictatorship to me..:rolleyes:

killerpinecone
03-23-2007, 12:03 PM
What the hell is your issue, you come in here after spending weeks away from the forums and think that you can come tell me what to go do? what the hell, go back to your little nerdy job, **** this ****.
My meds? Im not the one that needs a machine to force him to breath... who is the one getting old?
heh... goodluck getting one while wearing that mask. (either way...)
much sleep you are getting, I would not wear that thing to bed. /thread

WHOS THE ******* IN THIS SITUATION?

Backmanshooter
03-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Soon he'll be exterminating a race...:rolleyes:

Team Ramrod
03-23-2007, 12:17 PM
I call shens on the fighting. They've pulled this before. 1 e-cookie to me if im right.

durrell
03-23-2007, 12:22 PM
He banned 7 people..this is not fake, we just don't have anyone around (Otter or another admin) to stop his rampage, so it's going on. Trust me, if you saw the backroom you'd know exactly what the new mods have had to go through, and why we're tired of it.

Backmanshooter
03-23-2007, 12:31 PM
He can ban me all he wants. Just shows how irresponsible he is. also show that he abuses power. He thinks hes god of the forums. Its ridiculious. "Ya I own the forums now go work in my concetration camp" :rolleyes:

Thatoneguy123
03-26-2007, 02:50 PM
He can ban me all he wants. Just shows how irresponsible he is. also show that he abuses power. He thinks hes god of the forums. Its ridiculious. "Ya I own the forums now go work in my concetration camp" :rolleyes:

lol pwnt. :D

marvin-martian
03-26-2007, 02:51 PM
lol pwnt. :D
nothing about this is funny

Mr.Untouchable
03-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I agree, I am very new to these forums, and I find it a place that I can come to for information and such without being flamed like PBN. But if this is going on, I do not want to stay. I just got back from a huge snowboarding injury, and find this?

But I do have a question on the original topic. My team is about 2-3 hours from the Charlotte field, but i've seen some people saying it's free. So is it free?

Kingman-Rep
03-26-2007, 03:57 PM
I agree, I am very new to these forums, and I find it a place that I can come to for information and such without being flamed like PBN. But if this is going on, I do not want to stay. I just got back from a huge snowboarding injury, and find this?

But I do have a question on the original topic. My team is about 2-3 hours from the Charlotte field, but i've seen some people saying it's free. So is it free?

I'm sorry about all the BS that is going on in this forum right now, I'm not happy about it either.

The Spyder Cup does not have an Entry Fee. You would be required to shoot field paint only.

calebh
03-26-2007, 09:17 PM
free tourney yay! too bad its a couple day drive to the nearest one...

Xyxyll
03-26-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm sorry about all the BS that is going on in this forum right now, I'm not happy about it either.

The Spyder Cup does not have an Entry Fee. You would be required to shoot field paint only.

I assume the only requirement is still that everyone use Spyders, correct? :)

STRIKEFIRST
03-27-2007, 06:06 AM

Very Nice...Kingman quit messing with my melon...I keep growing founder of your company!

As for the bickering...I hit PBN very little because of the garbage over there...and the barron with his posts has made me upset. How dare someone comment on Someone needing a cpap...or any other probelm!:mad:

I think he needs removed as a mod. :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back on topic...I may be at chicago if I can get a reliable team...i don't even care about good...just reliable!

Kingman-Rep
03-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Kingman requires all players of the Spyder Cup to use a Spyder.

I'm sure you won't have too much trouble finding two players for this event.

calebh
03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
serious question... do spimmies count?

Kingman-Rep
03-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Spimmies will not be allowed.

The basic design of the gun can not be changed. Complete details on what can and can not be used will be available tomorrow.

STRIKEFIRST
03-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Spimmies will not be allowed.

The basic design of the gun can not be changed. Complete details on what can and can not be used will be available tomorrow.

This will be cool!

Jack In The Box
03-28-2007, 01:41 PM
When will the site release the info, it says the 28th, its well past the 28th, I was up till 5 am waiting for the site to be accessable, lol. My patience is gone now, Hehe. I will be doing anything possible to try to make this tournament. I have been wanting to play in the Spyder Cup for years. Any teams looking for players. Lol.

But seriously, when will it be accessable?

vikingshadow
03-28-2007, 02:28 PM

Spyder paint? The new stuff Kingman just came out with?

I've heard it's pretty decent!

Jack In The Box
03-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Open, open, open. I gotta go to work soon, lol.

Xyxyll
03-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Still looks to be March 28 to me. They still have 4.5 hours to finish the site. :)

Kingman-Rep
03-28-2007, 03:59 PM
We should have the site up really soon. We are trying to get it done before we go home for the day.

Jack In The Box
03-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Now I have to go to work. THE TORTURE! Cant wait. :D

DRAGON
03-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Think of it this way; you'll have something to look forward to once you get home -

Xyxyll
03-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Everything's up. Looks good.

Hob Hayward
03-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Lookin good.

Whenever you guys do this again, consider something for us in the north east / New England :(.

I'd love to play in this...

Xyxyll
03-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Haha, my big conflict is I'll be near Chicago in July and near Charlotte in September. :(

Jack In The Box
03-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Registered. WOOHOO. Now I just have to wait to see if I actually got the registration done before they were all booked up. Wish me luck people. :D

Xyxyll
03-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Awesome! Lets see some more Spyder.tv teams spring up!

Cakeslob
03-29-2007, 06:36 PM
the only boards we can use are stock or these not releases tadoas?
Board upgrades will be allowed as long as the board is by Spyder OR the VS Tadao board by Spyder is used.

:tdown:

Jack In The Box
03-30-2007, 07:12 AM
What are the details on lodging? Will there be camping/overnights at the event location? Captains meetings? Will there be security for the teams playing? Places for playing teams to put up team tents/canopy?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I am one of those people who likes to be more than ready, Lol.

Besides, I have to keep my mind off the fact that I might have to wait 10 days to get final placement verification. OH THE TORTURE!

Theheroguy
03-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm gonna try to go to this

Jack In The Box
03-31-2007, 11:29 AM
See the Spyder Cup field map for visualization of the basic field layout.This came from the rule book. Is there a link somewhere to check this out?

Thanks.

STRIKEFIRST
04-02-2007, 07:50 AM
the only boards we can use are stock or these not releases tadoas?

:tdown:

Where did you find this?

Xyxyll
04-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Where did you find this?

http://www.spyder.tv/spydercup/section/rules/spyder_cup_rules_2007.pdf

Page 4 under Marker Specifications.

Here's further confirmation:

I've been reading through the rules, and I came across a rule regarding Spyder boards only. Does this exclude the T-Board/IS Board/Lucky Board/XSF Board from competition?
Yes, this excludes all aftermarket boards! Only boards that will be shipped from Kingman will be allowed in your gun.

Kingman-Rep also made note that the new Kingman upgrade board is about to be released.

I'm still awaiting confirmation from Kingman regarding the legality of adding ACE to stock non-ACE Kingman boards. Hopefully I will hear back soon.

STRIKEFIRST
04-02-2007, 10:44 AM
I emailed them also...this means 2 of my 3 spyders are illegal for this tournament...I have a gut feeling there will be alot of people showing up that haven't read the rules.

STRIKEFIRST
04-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Here is the response from kingman...

Chris,

The reason we feel the need to limit the board allowed on the markers is so that out technicians and scrutineers will not have a difficult time judging if the markers are working within legal parameters. It would be difficult to try and familiarize ourselves with all of the available after market boards out there.

Thank You,

Customer Service

So mr kingman rep...Will this new board work in older spyders? Will it have eye?

I will have no backup for my vs2 otherwise. I would have to replace my t boards with these and new eyes if they will work in a camd frame.

Jack In The Box
04-02-2007, 12:48 PM
I think its great that Kingman is doing everything possible to level the playing field for everyone. Not to mention the TV coverage that is involved. I put the stock stuff back in and called it good.

More than likely they will have stuff to sell there at the event. Should be tons I Kingman products I would think.

STRIKEFIRST
04-02-2007, 12:57 PM
My pilot has my trust...the acs bolt and board are in the hands of new owner.

Who new?

A back up for my VS2 would be a must for this event.

Kingman-Rep
04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Details for the new board are not available just yet. As soon I receive them I will post them here.

Jack In The Box
04-02-2007, 03:02 PM
I agree with ya there Strike. If you dont have a backup, that'll make things rough.

Xyxyll
04-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Details for the new board are not available just yet. As soon I receive them I will post them here.

Have you been able to verify whether or not an ACE board will be considered legal for a stock-boarded Spyder?

Kingman-Rep
04-03-2007, 08:29 AM
An ACE board will not be legal.

Xyxyll
04-03-2007, 05:13 PM
An ACE board will not be legal.

:(

Will the Raven markers be legal (neXion, Primal)? What about the EM1 and Hammer?

Cakeslob
04-04-2007, 06:05 PM
:(

Will the Raven markers be legal (neXion, Primal)? What about the EM1 and Hammer?

time to bust out the ol stock board ace mod
and wondering the same thing, em1 or primals allowed?

and way to take a step back for spyders and make them blind agian
good thing i have a vs2

timmyshoota
04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
My team has been offered a chance to play in this. We'll see what happens.

Xyxyll
04-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Nice. Good luck timmyshoota.

Jack In The Box
04-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Kingman Rep, could you please answer some of the questions that I have posted. I am still waiting on the info for these questions.

Thank you.

Jack In The Box
04-06-2007, 01:08 PM
This is one of my posts, the other was asking about the rule book saying we could look at a field diagram, or something as such, but I cant find a link anywhere to do so. Thank you.

What are the details on lodging? Will there be camping/overnights at the event location? Captains meetings? Will there be security for the teams playing? Places for playing teams to put up team tents/canopy?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I am one of those people who likes to be more than ready, Lol.

Besides, I have to keep my mind off the fact that I might have to wait 10 days to get final placement verification. OH THE TORTURE!

Kingman-Rep
04-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack In The Box
What are the details on lodging? We currently do not have a list of hotels for lodging. you might be on your own.
Will there be camping/overnights at the event location?I know the LA event can not accomodate camping/overnights
Captains meetings? the rules state the captains meeting will be held in the morning, i'm sure we will have a mass email sent out to all that signed up
Will there be security for the teams playing? the LA field always has security roaming the parking area.
Places for playing teams to put up team tents/canopy? I believe a players staging area will be available, LA field also provides lockers for added security

If I did not answer your questions, please repost. I assumed you wanted to know about the LA event since you live in Oregon.

BloodLustAC
04-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm not participating, but I'm curious, would you allow someone to play with an EM1? I mean, it is a Spyder, even if not a blowback. Same goes for Primal, though that's Raven so I dunno about that.

EDIT: I just realized that somebody asked this already, but I didn't see an answer, so I'll leave it.

And consider an event in the northeast next year, preferably New York on Long Island ;)

Hob Hayward
04-06-2007, 07:47 PM
And consider an event in the northeast next year, preferably New York on Long Island ;)

Word, but make it in the Boston area. :p

Jack In The Box
04-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Thank you Rep. You answered all of the questions but one, about the rules stating that we can view a layout of the field set up. And yes, I am asking these questions in reference to the LA event.

Thank you for you answers and time.

Xyxyll
04-09-2007, 07:17 PM

:yeahthat: :)

Backmanshooter
04-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Looks like it'd be a fun time.

Jack In The Box
04-10-2007, 10:28 PM
This was the other question I am trying to find an answer for.

Thank you.

See the Spyder Cup field map for visualization of the basic field layout.This came from the rule book. Is there a link somewhere to check this out?

Thanks.

Kingman-Rep
04-11-2007, 08:06 AM
that is not available yet. Fields are being drawn up.

Jack In The Box
04-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Thank you.

Xyxyll
04-11-2007, 09:15 AM

If I did not answer your questions, please repost. I assumed you wanted to know about the LA event since you live in Oregon.

I'm not participating, but I'm curious, would you allow someone to play with an EM1? I mean, it is a Spyder, even if not a blowback. Same goes for Primal, though that's Raven so I dunno about that.

EDIT: I just realized that somebody asked this already, but I didn't see an answer, so I'll leave it.

:yeahthat: :)

:poker:

:D Thank you in advance.

Kingman-Rep
04-11-2007, 01:01 PM
The ruling on Blowbacks is going to stand. So EM-1 and Primal will not be eligible.

I'll check on the Hammer and Nexion, give me till Friday. I'm waiting on the rule commitee to come back from an event in France.

DRAGON
04-11-2007, 01:27 PM
.......... I'm waiting on the rule commitee to come back from an event in France.

Hmmmmmmmm.....BC's in France -

Xyxyll
04-11-2007, 02:21 PM
The ruling on Blowbacks is going to stand. So EM-1 and Primal will not be eligible.

I'll check on the Hammer and Nexion, give me till Friday. I'm waiting on the rule commitee to come back from an event in France.

Alright cool. Thanks for the update.

Kingman-Rep
04-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Hmmmmmmmm.....BC's in France -

a couple of BC players are in France to play with Team Influence. These guys don't work for Kingman. We set up a both at the event and staffed it with everyone that can make a call on this question.

Kingman-Rep
04-12-2007, 03:59 PM

Nexions and Hammers will not be a legal gun in the Spyder Cup.

Jack In The Box
04-13-2007, 07:25 AM
I have a question about the confirmation email that was supposed to come after the initial registration for the Spyder Cup. The email I got said that it had to be looked over and approved and I would recieve an email up to 10 business days later. I registered the first day, and have been waiting for the email. I still havent recieved it. Just wondering what is going on.

Thank you.

Kingman-Rep
04-13-2007, 07:48 AM
I have a question about the confirmation email that was supposed to come after the initial registration for the Spyder Cup. The email I got said that it had to be looked over and approved and I would recieve an email up to 10 business days later. I registered the first day, and have been waiting for the email. I still havent recieved it. Just wondering what is going on.

Thank you.

The same rule committee that was in France needs to verify all applicants. you should get an email today or Monday.

Jack In The Box
04-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Thank you.

HelpDeskHustler
04-13-2007, 04:16 PM
remeber... if any of us win... Durrell is our spyder dealer. ;) (that means he gets the 4th humma)

Hob Hayward
04-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Definitely :p

Zero_webb
04-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Kingman-rep,
If I go to the event just to watch, can I bring a non-professional camera?

HelpDeskHustler
04-14-2007, 07:14 PM
kingman-rep

is the official blowback ruling that the marker must operate in a means by which the hammer and bolt are both returned to rest at the same time by means of air pressure which is applied upon the valve stem?

Kingman-Rep
04-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Kingman-rep,
If I go to the event just to watch, can I bring a non-professional camera?

Of course you can. It's not like you are going to be on the field taking pictures.

Kingman-Rep
04-16-2007, 07:51 AM
remeber... if any of us win... Durrell is our spyder dealer. ;) (that means he gets the 4th humma)

The rules state the dealer you list must be an Authorized Spyder Dealer. If you list a store that is not Authorized and you win the Tournament, your Dealer will not receive the H2 Hummer.

STRIKEFIRST
04-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Mr. Kingman Rep...

If the wind blows harder than 80 MPH and the sun rises from west to east instead of east to west, fish fall from the sky the temp drops to 30 below zero, the field has an infestation of crickets, the grass isn't quit green enough but almost green more like a brown green yet not brown, and I put two left cleats on...Do I have to read the rule book? :D

Ah heck I'd thought I'd be entertaining!

Thank you for all your Responses Mr. Kingman Rep!

Kingman-Rep
04-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Mr. Kingman Rep...

If the wind blows harder than 80 MPH and the sun rises from west to east instead of east to west, fish fall from the sky the temp drops to 30 below zero, the field has an infestation of crickets, the grass isn't quit green enough but almost green more like a brown green yet not brown, and I put two left cleats on...Do I have to read the rule book? :D

Ah heck I'd thought I'd be entertaining!

Thank you for all your Responses Mr. Kingman Rep!

If that happens in Los Angeles, forget about the Tournament. Buy a Kite, sunblock, frying pan, wintercoat, can of raid, fertilizer and a pair of scissors.

Jack In The Box
04-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Again I am checking up on the confirmation email. Still nothing, and I notice the funds have still not been withdrawn from my account.

?

Kingman-Rep
04-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Again I am checking up on the confirmation email. Still nothing, and I notice the funds have still not been withdrawn from my account.

?

PM me your team name, i'll take a sneek peak and let you know whats up.

HelpDeskHustler
04-17-2007, 01:24 PM
kingman-rep

is the official blowback ruling that the marker must operate in a means by which the hammer and bolt are both returned to rest at the same time by means of air pressure which is applied upon the valve stem?
;) dont forget about meee

Kingman-Rep
04-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Your obviously fishing for a loophole in rules. Don't bother. We reserve the right to change the rules when necessary.

You can only use a blowback SPYDER marker with a mechanical sear.

You can not modify the original operation of the marker for this Tournament.

HelpDeskHustler
04-17-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm not fishing for loophole rules, I'm looking to see if i can use a pneumatic ram to operate the sear rather than a large power-hungry electro magnet that only runs on RECHARGEABLE 9.6 volt batteries. It's a pet peeve of mine. I'd like to be able to use the rather common 9v battery, plus i was looking for a morlock board project. Technically I would classify it as an upgrade electronics board, officials at Kingman might not, hence the question. The blowback design isn't a bad design, I just wish to smooth out some wrinkles that rub me the wrong way, not actual operation that causes the ball to fire.

DRAGON
04-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm not fishing for loophole rules, I'm looking to see if i can use a pneumatic ram to operate the sear rather than a large power-hungry electro magnet that only runs on RECHARGEABLE 9.6 volt batteries. It's a pet peeve of mine. I'd like to be able to use the rather common 9v battery, plus i was looking for a morlock board project. Technically I would classify it as an upgrade electronics board, officials at Kingman might not, hence the question. The blowback design isn't a bad design, I just wish to smooth out some wrinkles that rub me the wrong way, not actual operation that causes the ball to fire.

So nice that by posting that you seem to agree with exaxctly what Kingrep mentioned. You're looking for an edge and they're saying no one will have an edge. Regular stacked tube blowbacks and that's it. Makes perfect sense to me. Then you might have to rely on skill if everything is equaled -

HelpDeskHustler
04-18-2007, 04:25 AM
So nice that by posting that you seem to agree with exaxctly what Kingrep mentioned. You're looking for an edge and they're saying no one will have an edge. Regular stacked tube blowbacks and that's it. Makes perfect sense to me. Then you might have to rely on skill if everything is equaled -
anyone can drop in an electronics board that uses the electromagnet more efficently, and by the rules, that appears to be legal. I'm just wondering if i can drop in a board that preplaces the electromagent w/ a less powerful electromagent that is air assisted. the gun still fuctions the same, but it is a project i've wanted to do, but still yeilds the same results as the drop in upgrade board.

Critical
04-18-2007, 04:48 AM
Spyder Markers Only. Every device used to propel a paintball during any Spyder Cup 2007 event must be a Spyder paintball marker and must be recognizable as such. Upgrades to the barrel, regulator, feed neck, grips, bolt, expansion chamber, and external cosmetics will be allowed as long as the marker can still be easily recognized as a Spyder marker and the basic functioning of the marker remains that of a Spyder. At no point may the Spyder name or logo on a marker be covered or removed. Each player will only be allowed to carry one marker with one attached barrel during each match.

Seems pretty clear to me as far as your question HDH, however, it seems to leave hanging everyone who has gotten their marker re-annoed, also, what about halfback markers?

STRIKEFIRST
04-18-2007, 04:59 AM
After I sell my wifes parts and buy her a VS2...I'm having the body annod purple...I'm going to pay to have the spyder vs2 tattoo put back on...if re annoing is a must and people want to compete in spyder cups present and future...the extra few bucks is worth it.

Half backed with a spyder logo to people in the spyder world should be recognizable, I would think.

Though people ask me what I'm shooting all the time and besides V/a and eye covers ther are no cosmetic changes what so ever.

Drefish99
04-18-2007, 06:31 AM
anyone can drop in an electronics board that uses the electromagnet more efficently, and by the rules, that appears to be legal. I'm just wondering if i can drop in a board that preplaces the electromagent w/ a less powerful electromagent that is air assisted. the gun still fuctions the same, but it is a project i've wanted to do, but still yeilds the same results as the drop in upgrade board.

Only boards that will be legal to my knowledge are stock boards and the Tadao boards coming out in June.

Kingman-Rep
04-18-2007, 09:31 AM

?

you have been registered and you should receive a confirmation email shortly

calebh
04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Seems pretty clear to me as far as your question HDH, however, it seems to leave hanging everyone who has gotten their marker re-annoed, also, what about halfback markers?
not really. it's still blowback. from what i can understand of HDH's posts, the only difference would be the movement of the sear, which doesnt affect the spyder's blowbackness.

but if the necessary board isnt allowed, then i guess so much for a pneumatic sear. im kinda interested in this pneumatic sear thing. i may have to play around with that on my spyder lol

Jack In The Box
04-18-2007, 09:48 AM
you have been registered and you should receive a confirmation email shortly
Thank you very much for taking the time to look into this. Now I can celebrate.

:dancingman: . Cya there. :D

Hob Hayward
04-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Would a heavily modified spyder be legal? I mean, if it still operates in the normal way, just betterly :).

I.e. my gun:

05 Imagine
Palmer stabilizer
Maddman Rocket valve
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker
32* spring kit
NDZ clamping feedneck

In reality, the only stock parts are the frame(including all internals), the body (which has some milling in the back), the velocity adjuster (top portion of the silver piece cut off), the braided steel hose and the ASA.

HelpDeskHustler
04-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Only boards that will be legal to my knowledge are stock boards and the Tadao boards coming out in June.
why tadao but not virtue, or tboard?

Kingman-Rep, i don't mean to be a hater, It's just if you run an event you HAVE TO have specifically set boundaries, so people know what they are getting into. i'm not the only one who sees this and has a ton of questions about what are frankly, rather general rules.
for example:

i hate playing anywhere where people say "dont _____" and what they mean by _____ is left for you to decide, even though you will recieve penalties based on THEIR interpretation

STRIKEFIRST
04-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Kingman-Rep, i don't mean to be a hater, It's just if you run an event you HAVE TO have specifically set boundaries, so people know what they are getting into. i'm not the only one who sees this and has a ton of questions about what are frankly, rather general rules.
for example:
You can say "don't lie" but unless you define what lying is, you can't expect people not to lie under what you believe to be lying with the intention of doing it and getting away with it. I don't want to break any rules. I want to obey them... but first i need to KNOW them.

The Tadao board to my understanding is a Kingman/Tadao combined project. So the "tadao" and stock kingman boards according to kingman will make it easier for their techs to approve your marker for spyder cup play.

It's a fairly simple and fair ruling considering the number of available boards and on top of that different versions of each...it doesn't work to some of our benefits but thats life.

Now wether or not they look at your valves and such and ruling the same way is a different story...maybe aftermarket blowback valves will be legal?

That is for Kingman to decide.

HelpDeskHustler
04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
not really. it's still blowback. from what i can understand of HDH's posts, the only difference would be the movement of the sear, which doesnt affect the spyder's blowbackness.

but if the necessary board isnt allowed, then i guess so much for a pneumatic sear. im kinda interested in this pneumatic sear thing. i may have to play around with that on my spyder lol
i could have it working on a tadao manufactured board, just not the spyder one.

Critical
04-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Your missing the point. If you don't have a Spyder, you don't play. The board must be either the factory Spyder board, or the Tadao Spyder board, anything else, you don't play. The operation of the marker must be the same as original, no weird sear mechanisms, no swapping out bits and pieces for a flux capacitor or anything like that, do it, you don't play. This is the Spyder Cup, run by Kingman, the company that makes the Spyder, I don't see why you're coming up with these non-Spyder questions, trying to find a loophole that isn't there.

Jack In The Box
04-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Seriously, not to be rude here, but its pretty simple, you basically (to avoid any risk of a marker that doesn't qualify) bring a Spyder that is as it was sold from Kingman, or follow the obvious, (which I realize you are saying isnt specific) which is specific enough to use common sense and figure it out, that the ONLY mods are the ones listed in the rules. Your personal mods may be for what you consider your advantage, but for all anyone else knows, you may/may not have had some professional machinist or overly qualified marker genius fix you up. This, would give you an unfair advantage to anyone who is following the rules specified. Yes, they are specified enough for you to figure it out.

Sorry if any of this sounds rude, its just simple truth.

Good luck to you if you do enter.

HelpDeskHustler
04-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Ok, I'll admit that I did not notice the .pdf file containing the full set of rules, but you could have politely linked me to it rather than accusing me of trying to cheat the rules. But I do have one question still, valve is not listed as an upgrade that is allowed... why is that?

Ace24
04-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Would a heavily modified spyder be legal? I mean, if it still operates in the normal way, just betterly :).

I.e. my gun:

05 Imagine
Palmer stabilizer
Maddman Rocket valve
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
32* spring kit
NDZ clamping feedneck

In reality, the only stock parts are the frame(including all internals), the body (which has some milling in the back), the velocity adjuster (top portion of the silver piece cut off), the braided steel hose and the ASA.

Its still a Spyder Blowback. Same operation as it was sold to you. Just a lower pressure.

Hob Hayward
04-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Right, but they said they want an even playing field, and they have the right to disqualify any marker they want, my imagine isn't on the same playing field as most other people's.

timmyshoota
04-19-2007, 07:11 AM
Its still a Spyder Blowback. Same operation as it was sold to you. Just a lower pressure.

However I'm pretty sure Rep said no internal modifications.

bigred76
04-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Kingman's tournament is Kingman's tournament. They aren't just going to give away some H3's to random nobodies who don't even use Spyder markers. It's better press for them this way. Personally, I think it'll be more interesting this way.

On a side note... They opened up the Spyder Cup forum down in the Tournies section, go check it out, guys.

STRIKEFIRST
04-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Kingman's tournament is Kingman's tournament. They aren't just going to give away some H3's to random nobodies who don't even use Spyder markers. It's better press for them this way. Personally, I think it'll be more interesting this way.

On a side note... They opened up the Spyder Cup forum down in the Tournies section, go check it out, guys.

Then again a vs2 and a victor aren't even yet both legal.

Strikefirst is waving over to the ref!!!!

Mr. Kingman Rep could we get a judgement call on this one please?

Kingman-Rep
04-19-2007, 07:35 AM

I.e. my gun:

05 Imagine
Palmer stabilizer
Maddman Rocket valve
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
32* spring kit
NDZ clamping feedneck

all you have done is changed the parts, the operation of the gun is the same and not modified in any way.

you will be fine

Kingman-Rep
04-19-2007, 07:48 AM

Simple, we will be selling Tadao.

Excuse me but we thought the rules were clear when we wrote this

"the basic functioning of the marker remains that of a Spyder."

Interpertation - Do not alter the way in which it operates.

We set limitations to even the playing field as much as possible.

Kingman-Rep
04-19-2007, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=bigred76]Kingman's tournament is Kingman's tournament. They aren't just going to give away some H3's to random nobodies who don't even use Spyder markers. QUOTE]

We are giving away H2 Hummers, not the cheesy under rated H3.

Kingman-Rep
04-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24

However I'm pretty sure Rep said no internal modifications.

No internal modifications that alter the manner in which a Spyder works. An example would be adding Intimidator internals or the modification that HDH was looking into.

The only parts that cannot be changed would be the body, circuit board and frame. The body and frame are the only items that allow us to recognize the gun as a Spyder and board is to even the playing field.

STRIKEFIRST
04-19-2007, 08:07 AM

Frustrated yet????

[QUOTE=bigred76]Kingman's tournament is Kingman's tournament. They aren't just going to give away some H3's to random nobodies who don't even use Spyder markers. QUOTE]

We are giving away H2 Hummers, not the cheesy under rated H3.

LOL

YOU CRACK ME UP MAN!!!!!!:bow:

Kingman-Rep
04-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Then again a vs2 and a victor aren't even yet both legal.

I wonder what gave you that idea.

VS2 and Victor are legal.

HelpDeskHustler
04-19-2007, 01:01 PM

Ok, I'll admit that I did not notice the .pdf file containing the full set of rules, but you could have politely linked me to it rather than accusing me of trying to cheat the rules. But I do have one question still, valve is not listed as an upgrade that is allowed... why is that? got it...

but your explanation here implies valves can be changed, yet you said, if it isn't on the list it isn't allowed, and valves aren't on the list, just to be clear, which is it, because 2/3 of the spyders my team would play with have NDZ valves.

kayfabe1204
04-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Are we allowed to change the triggers on an emarker?

Jack In The Box
04-22-2007, 07:05 AM
I have a very important question. I had one of my teammates get injured a couple of days ago, and his injury is going to keep him out of this event. I need to know how I go about changing/adding a different person to my roster. I need to know if I even can do that. I have sent an email to the event coordinator explaining this, however, I want to make sure this is all I need to do.

Thank you very much.

EDIT: Already got it approved. Thanks again.

STRIKEFIRST
04-23-2007, 07:45 AM
I wonder what gave you that idea.

VS2 and Victor are legal.

For the Record...I was being smart about the blowback argument. ;) I was using the vs2/victor as an example...

Sarcasm typed out FTL

Jack In The Box
05-03-2007, 08:16 AM
I just wanted to check on something, I have some friends who are trying to put a team together for this event, they all have spyders, however, one of them has an MR2 and really doesnt want to have to buy another Spyder. Are the MR series Spyders allowed for this event. The only thing I have noticed is the fact that the MR2 has a switch on the back of the grip that changes the firing modes.

What are the conditions on this.
Thank you.

Kingman-Rep
05-03-2007, 08:19 AM
the MR2 has a tournament lock switch in the board.

Only one actual Spyder labeled marker is not allowed for this tournament and that is the EM1.

Jack In The Box
05-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Awesome. Thank you for the quick response. They will be very happy to hear this. I will figure out the tournament lock switch for them.

Thank you again.

kayfabe1204
05-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Jack its just a jumper that needs to be pulled. If you need help feel free to reach out. just did it on a friends MR series

Jack In The Box
05-03-2007, 06:09 PM
I pmed you Kayfabe. Thanks for the help.

Jack In The Box
05-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Ok, next question. Is there somewhere we can order Kingman Jerseys before the event? Just wondering. I have looked in a few places and havent seen any.

Thank you.

EDIT. I found some! Sorry I posted just a bit too soon. My bad.

kayfabe1204
05-03-2007, 10:23 PM
If I cut the front shroud of off my VS3 to accept my Freak kit will it still be allowed?

Kingman-Rep
05-04-2007, 08:40 AM
your good KF1204.

kayfabe1204
05-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks a lot. Just wanted to clarify as after I demo'd the VS3 this weekend thats my only thing I wanted to do yet. Also one more thing, am I allowed to put the Spyder.tv weblink on the back of my custom jerseys? or who'd I'd need to get approval for it? Not sure as it isnt an official Kingman jersey. Would add teh Spyder logo if that was approved.

Kingman-Rep
05-04-2007, 01:21 PM
for something like that you would want to get approval from the Event Coordinator. Please call Kingman at 888.546.4626 press 0 for the operator and ask for the Spyder Cup Event Coordinator. You probably won't get in touch with him but at least you can leave him a message to call you back regarding your question.

kayfabe1204
05-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks again. just got off the phone with them and they ok'd it. Very helpful.

STRIKEFIRST
05-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Any updates on release for the Tadao Boards?