PDA

View Full Version : Decent Mods for the Pilot..

cbx133
03-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering what are some decent mods to do to a Pilot ACS to mostly get just overall better. My goal isn't necessarily to go full LP but what kinda things should I do to just make the gun better? I know a T board would be good but what are some other things (valve, stikers ect). Just kinda not sure where to go with this gun, but mostly just want it to be efficient and fire strong.

shark
03-18-2007, 06:25 PM
you want to go for dye stickies if you don't already have them. doesn't help with performance but they are more comfortable and protect the electronics better than the stock grips.

Sandman_Bravo
03-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering what are some decent mods to do to a Pilot ACS to mostly get just overall better. My goal isn't necessarily to go full LP but what kinda things should I do to just make the gun better? I know a T board would be good but what are some other things (valve, stikers ect). Just kinda not sure where to go with this gun, but mostly just want it to be efficient and fire strong.

You just described an LP pilot.

cbx133
03-18-2007, 06:41 PM
You just described an LP pilot.

Well I have done some reading on LP, but what exactly does a Pilot need to become LP? I know of a valve body, lighter striker, but what else? Can you just put a better valve and striker in a stock Pilot and have it work correctly?

Critical
03-18-2007, 06:54 PM
I've found one of the great things about the spyders, as compared to other markers, is that you can upgrade/modify one piece at a time and all you have to do is adjust the velocity and maybe change out the spring and you can just keep right on using it.

Sandman_Bravo
03-19-2007, 03:02 AM
Read up on Otter's site under projet LP:
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/project.html
The main parts of an LP are:
Regulator
Valve & Pin
Spring Kit
Hammer (you can modify the stock unit)
Bolt (you can get by with a stock bolt)

landyachtz
03-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Definetly get a pair of dye stickys. They give you a much better grip on the marker. And theyre good lookin too

Oscum Guy
03-26-2007, 03:44 PM
reg, valve, striker, VA, modified bolt.

Kenny_McCormic
03-26-2007, 04:10 PM
what can be done to the striker? i always thought they were left stock. wouldnt you need the extra weight to hold the valve open for longer to get enough low pressure air behind the ball?

Critical
03-26-2007, 04:26 PM
You would compensate for the reduced weight by changing to a different spring.

Sandman_Bravo
03-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Otter IS the man. Read the "Paintball Bible":
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/index.html
-click on spyder pages and read young man.

Kenny_McCormic
03-26-2007, 05:07 PM
actully i read most of that a while ago A LOT of good info I will use alot of it especially the paint/bore match charts. i plan on poishing the internals and removing the venturi when i get my victor 1 in the mail probably next friday.
but that still doesnt answer the question how would you modify the striker and why?

Sandman_Bravo
03-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Besides polishing it, you can cut out a portion of the top or drill holes in it to lighten it. That gives the same results as a lighter aftermarket hammer. Then you can cup the front face around the pin-tip which aids in re-cocking. I started drilling after I dremmelled the face, but gave up since it's case hardened steel. I felt an aftermarket hammer was worth $30 for the time alone in milling it.

Kenny_McCormic
03-27-2007, 12:47 PM
oh that makes sense i never thought of cupping the front of it. and now that i think about it extremly low pressure guns would need a lightened striker to make it recock. Thanks a bunch

Sandman_Bravo
03-27-2007, 04:29 PM
No prob, here to help if I can.